Would you elope?

If I ever got married, it seems like a waste of money to plan this huge party and spend thousands of dollars on it. I'd much rather just sign some stuff and be off, and then I don't have to include a hundred people in it. How does everyone else feel? Do you want a big ceremony oe would you rather just elope? Why?

• Ceremony
    40%(4)38%(6)Vote33%(2)
  • Elope
    60%(6)62%(10)Vote67%(4)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• I would rather a nice wedding. It wouldn't have to be a big one, but I would still like to celebrate mine and my partner's joining with friends and family.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd prefer to elope, never understood spending that much on a party.

I would greatly prefer to put that money down on a house, or take a really great vacation.

• Right? Why start married life in debt.

What Girls Said 3

• I have a huge family and we're all surprisingly close so I would feel bad not including them. However, I'm so stinkin in love I'd marry him right this minute, audience or not. I'm torn.

• My boyfriend and I are having a court wedding, it's cheaper and more intimate than trying to impress people

• simple I don't like being the in the center of attention

What Guys Said 2

• I won't elope because I never wish to get married. Simple.

• In a hypothetical situation, I doubt I would have much say in the matter. Family pride demands that the wedding be both lavish and grand in scale.

• How is that your family's call?

• Wow, I've never heard of anyone caring so much about something like that.

• Most people don't.