What is married life like?

Is it really worth it

24

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're a man, it fucking sucks. You live under the Sword of Damocles, knowing that at any moment, for no reason whatsoever, she can have you thrown in jail with nothing more than her word ("I'm scawwwwwed!"), you can be prevented from going in your own home but required to pay the bills for it, she can spend ALL of your savings as well as take out a shitload of credit cards and forever ruin your credit and there's absolutely fuckall you can do about it, and when you finally go to court to end the marriage, she can use the System and it's Kourt to prevent you from ever seeing your kids again, while simultaneously getting Mommy's Party Fund Support and Vagimony payments set so high that you're living in your car (*IF* she lets you keep a vehicle) or couch-surfing at your friends' homes.

It's absolutely NOT worth it for men. There is NO reason for a man to get married, and many, many reasons not to.

If you're a woman (which you are), it's great. Free stuff, and you can fuck whoever you want while the chump you're married to has to pay for it. And when you get bored with him, you wring him dry using the Kourt and move on to your next target.

• Honestly it sounds like a bad divorce

• I wish. I thought so at the time, but afterward when I was doing some (a lot) of reading and talking to other men, not only was my marriage better than most, but my divorce was quick ('only' a year from when she moved out to when everything was final) and *relatively* cheap and painless. I didn't have kids with her, and she wore herself out playing games with me and ended up taking a deal I offered where she got about 60% of my 401(k) and no vagimony. Plus every penny she'd gotten, me paying the movers to move her shit, two vehicles, etc. I thought I'd gotten basically raped in the divorce, until I found out that I got out a *LOT* easier than most men.

What Guys Said 23

• Married life is effing fantastic! IF, and it's a HUGE 'if', you're doing it with the right person! Take your time and find that right person, it's an investment in your future beyond any other that you'll ever make. This is the person who's going to know everything about you, who you're going to share everything with including a huge majority of your time. The person you may raise kids with - which will either magnify how well you do things together, or magnify how poorly you work together!

Finding someone you can open up to about anything, and who you trust, is intensely satisfying as human beings. So, if you do that, yes, it's soooo worth it. Just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Let me know if you have any specific questions, but generally... yeah... A+++++++, would recommend.

• It has its moments, but in my case I love it. Being able to finally have sex, with someone I trust, who was there for me when my life was the darkest. Me being there after I nearly lost her twice, and being full aware how precious she really is. My family loves her, and after a 12-hour shift at work, seeing her smile and asking me how my day was, or seeing her when she comes back after being aiding someone through the labor process, is amazingly beautiful. The bonding (non-sexual) is awesome. While the moments when her PTSD and anxiety are in full swing get hard, but in the end, it works out. If I had a chance to be single again, I'd hate it single life was boring.

• Hey man I am waiting for marriage myself! That is awesome you did! I was wondering when you two met because I am not sure when I should be finding someone and when people would stop waiting. Like how old were you if that isn't too much to ask.

• i think it's worth it for the economical and social benefits. outside of that there isn't much better about being married versus being in a committed relationship

• it's worth it if both you and the pair have a good understanding, stay with each through the thick and the thin. you will argue and fight but at the be of the day if you love each other and smile it's A ok. it's also not easy I am not married but I kinda can empathise with this question 😂😋😎😀

• i don't think marriage is worth it. you can still be with someone for life without marriage, and that's all i care for.

• Having your dende chopped off. Being chained to your job. And having your soul and joy slowly drained from your body

• I'm not married tbh I'm wondering just like you. Thing is it can't be worse then being alone right?
    I mean as long as she is 100% right for you.

• I have never felt as lonely as I did for the last year before I kicked my now-ex out.

Being alone is better than being married, and *FAR* better than going through a divorce (which is most likely to happen, statistically).

• If you have the right partner, you'll feel married even if you're not.
    Getting married will feel like a natural step.

• It's like married life

• Not worth it

• much the same as been in a relationship just harder to get out off but if you made the right decision you shouldn't want to get out of it marriage is or at least should be for life

• a married life is amazing with the right person. anyone who says its not is just pouty bc they went with the wrong person

• No, and yes. It suites a lot of people, but it's just a formality.

• If you make it with someone you feel good it's heaven,
    if you make it with someone you don't get along it's a nightmare :)

• its ok

• Hell.

• dopends what your options are. as a young guy or older woman, yes... otherwise, you can do better

• after 39 years I'm not sure but I'm still married

• If u get a lovable person u feel comfortable with marriage if not u will feel a hell.

• Horrible for the husband.

• Why is that

• Because it's a one-sided contract that one-party is free to violate with impunity.

• It's like having your penis ripped apart never by never. Sucks big time.

• Um ok but why

• Go ahead
      I probably have heard worse

• Also your pretty young
      Are you married. If so r u sure you have been long enough to know how you truly feel about it
      Or did you not get the. One

• like boiled potato :P

• Not from my outlook