What to do when your girlfriends father doesn’t give you his blessing?

What are you supposed to do if this happens

• You still get married
  • You don’t get married
  • Results
    Vote C

612

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say still get married. Marriage is about the two of you, not them. It's nice for the parents to be supportive but ultimately does it really matter? If you both want to get married then you should

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him why. Figure out what his concerns are and see if you can appease him or prove that your the right man for her. But at the end of the day, he doesn't matter, what matters is what she thinks of you. Some times people can be stupid and stubborn and that could simply be what he is doing, convinced that no one is good enough for her or convinced that you are worse then you are. Ask him if he trusts his daughter if he can't give you a good answer, because she is the one who accepted your proposal and she believes that you are the right man for her.

What Girls Said 5

• just show your true self and be patient.

• Are you marrying your girlfriend or her father?

• 0|0
  • Don't get married

• Try to work on earning his blessing!

What Guys Said 11

• depends on how greatly the father's blessing is and how much his lack of support will be a disservice to your relationship

• If she's a minor, you wait until she's an adult and no longer controlled by her parents. Then when she is an adult and able to make independent decisions, you see if she is willing to go against their wishes to be with you.

You should also consider the reasons why her parents don't like you. Is it because of your ethnicity or social position? Or is there something in your character they don't like? If it's your character, have you considered the possibility that they are right?

• You talk to him and her boyfriend about the reasons he made that choice, try to understand him.

You don't *need* his blessing (in my opinion) but in the long run, it will simpy be much easier to live if you at least tried to have it. I mean really, genuinely try to understand his fears and such. At least you will have tried.

• You say "I'm sorry you feel that way sir, but I love your daughter and I'm going to marry her with or without your blessing. I hope you will come to the wedding because it's important to her that you be there." Then you turn around and leave.

• you dont want to marry him, so his approval is just nice to have. Anyway it would be better to at least trying to get his approval. Ask him what it is that disqualifies you. Tell him that you have honest intentions and that you would really appreciate his acceptance but also that you will also go without it.

• Brahh you just marry her the blessing doesn’t say if the marriage goes or doesn’t it’s you and her not you and her entire family getting married to you just her getting married to you

• Break up

• You do it anyway

• You square up to him and let him know that that's my bitch

• If you really love her do it

• It's up to you and her, not him.