Is it strange that I really would like to be a 50s style housewife?

So I am 18 but I would love to be able to go back to the 50s and be a housewife. I was wondering about other people's opinions on this. Personally there are a few reasons it's something I'd love:
The exact roles are clear. I'd look after the house, the kids and do everything at home whereas my husband would work in the day but in the evening he could relax.
There'd be no need for arguments since the head of the family, the husband, would be making the decisions. He could of course ask my opinion but ultimately it would be up to him.

I think families worked much better like that, and I know for a fact it worked for my rather traditional parents and also grandparents. So what do you think?

421

Most Helpful Guy

• What strikes me is that this was pretty much the 'norm' for decades past yet we have experienced such a powerful surge in gender equality, equal respect, equal rights and so forth (also transgender, lesbian and gay rights quite rightly so. Heterosexual people are not better or more powerful and the world is realising this thankfully). This in turn has gone further to stamp out the "traditional" albeit misogynistic ideology that once supported and protected your 50's housewife lifestyle. It's almost as if you're concerned that aspiring to this way of life is somehow wrong or not normal, this is wrong too because you're entitled to have your life the way you want to live it. I admire you for expressing your thoughts and there are men that would give an arm for a wife as you describe yourself. What about starting a dating app for gals like yourself that like the old school rules haha. Peace and love peeps x

Most Helpful Girl

• Each to their own, not for me though. I enjoy being an equal partner and sharing responsibility for the highs and lows