Why people old as me (23) already look to settle down (getting married and having kids)?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because that what society tells us to do.

I got married at 21 and divorced at 26. I wish I had focused on my real passions instead of getting married. At least I didn't have kids so I wasn't tied down when I finally realized this.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dam that is way super young. What was the rush? Young marriages never last. The right age for marriage is 32 . Good thing at least you didn't had a mistake.

• My advice you should never have kids they make your life miserable. I don't have kids and my life is simple.

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you ever played any of the new Sims games? In it, you select a life ambition for your sims. I view it as being similar to that. Some people want to travel the world, some want to reach the top of their career ladder or make a name for themselves. Others want to settle down and start a family.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I'm 23, I have had a very turbulent childhood, and I never thought I'd want to settle down. I'm in a stable relationship, and now feel I can commit to a normality. I want a family and am emotionally ready to take that step. I think it's up to an individuals circumstance and mindset, you know yourself the best, so listen to what you need to do for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some might do it because they want sex or relational intimacy

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're ready to settle? Because they know what they want in life and are getting the things they want?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they feel it is the right time to. I would do that if a man wanted to with me right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 22 almost 23 in couple days have a baby on the way and have a 17 year old adopted son , the pregnancy was a surprise and my husband got custody of his friend's kid if him and his wife died.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because theyre ready to settle.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Because people are different.
    Some people like to travel.
    Some like sports.
    Some like to actually grind on the work.

And some... wanted a family as soon as they feel ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women want to have kids before their reproductive system dries up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not me I am 23 and still not married. Kids nah it is out of the questions , I don't want kids at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • they think that's all they're worth

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes