Do most guys get stressed/nervous when they're about to get married?

I'm asking it because my dad is getting married (again) in a little more than a month and even though he is certainly the calmest person I know, he's been clearly getting a little nervous and stressed lately. Whenever I bring it up to talk about all the preparations (I'm in charge of a few things) he starts worrying way too much about things that are already sorted out. I changed a few details about some of the decorations without asking him and he got a little angry with me and that's saying something because he never gets angry with me. I had to ensure him that it's all going to be okay.

He's been raising me all by himself since I was a baby and it's the first time that I'm seeing him like this. Does this happen to all guys that are about to get married? I know arranging a wedding is not an easy task but I think it should be a very special moment for guys too.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not all guys are this way, but many are. It is a nerve wracking time, as getting married is a big step, that much affects your whole life and your family. Keep in mind, it's only another month, and then it will be over, and people can get more relaxed again. You sound like a loving daughter. Hang in there.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes people can vet stressed and or nervous definitely

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I would guess it is harder for him the second time around. There is a lot more to think about.

1|0
    0|1
  • Every guy gets nervous around their wedding. They have a lot of people to make happy and a lot of stress goes into the preparation.

1|0
    0|0
  • Weddings Are a lot Of Work, It's Fun When You Hire a Manager Who Takes Care Of Everything. Else It's Gonna Be Pain. Coz Everyone Wants Their Wedding To Be Perfect Against All Odds

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a very big step in your life that changes things massively, of course we'd be stressed like hell 😝

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd get anxious and excited to the point of shaking.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah it happens to everyone. Especially when they're at this stage in life, where they've already got a life with a teenager and everything. Everybody's gonna worry about how things will change, even when they know deep down it's all gonna be perfect.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes