- The caterer cancels just 2 hours before the reception
- Your venue completely loses power and it doesn't look like it will be fixed any time soon
- A fight breaks out between your family and your future spouses family
- It's thundering and lightning at your would be completely outdoor wedding and reception
- Your mom/dad is completely hammered, sluring their words, falling down, and telling people off
- Your discount photographer clearly doesn't know what they are doing
- Your cousin accidentally spills grape juice all down the front of your suit or dress 20 minutes to show time
Most Helpful Guy
Everything can be remedied, but family fighting can result in parents rejecting a spouse because of a stupid feud. Besides, who wouldn't want a candlelight wedding? Drunk parents provide entertainment and blackmail material. Order take-out if the caterer cancels and everyone gets their favorites.
Most Helpful Girl
I picked the grape juice disaster because that is the only one that I don't think could be easily resolved.
Caterer cancels? We can just order pizza or something.
Venue loses power or it's raining? No big deal. I have connections to a local banquet hall that I'd probably easily be able to get last minute. If not we can find somewhere else. A restaurant party room, someone's house, or we can do something totally nontraditional and go to an arcade or something. As long as we get married, that's all that should matter.
People getting drunk, starting fights, being generally embarrassing? I totally expect this. Many people in my family do not mix well with liquor, there have been many alcohol fueled incidents in the past. It's annoying but I don't think it would ruin my day.
Bad photographer? This was my second choice. If I'm paying you to capture my special day then I expect professional photos. But everybody has a smartphone these days. I could just request that people take as many pictures as they can. As long as there is something to look back on.
But if my dress got ruined, I'd probably cry lol.