How important is marriage?

If you are in a long relantionship and are living together already, is marriage really necessary or are you happy and feel realize just been together without been married?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean we want the wedding the ring the dress the mrs. Title the cute family otherwise why do women put up with men? So we can legally just be roommates

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Going through that myself right now. Bee together for 10 years coming up on 11. Just got engaged a month ago. I chose to do it for a few reasons. To make certain people happy or get them off my back. But I also have always wanted too. I also feel that it will make things easier down the road with the same last name even if she uses both.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• No marriage means jack shit in terms of a meaningful relationship. My parents relationship have luckily been one of the most stable parts of my life, but never got married.

0|0
    1|0
  • I just would like to get married in day. It's been my dream as a little girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage is really important

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend and I aren't getting married

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• For someone who's Chinese, marrage is crucial. If you have babies before you marry, you're a disgrace. But that's because Chinese people think the concept of family is important. I would advise you do, but it really depends on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only you and your partner can decide this. My experience though - it's an outdated institution. A mistake that I will only make once.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of things like health insurance and life insurance marriage is important.

0|0
    0|0
    • I work in the insurance business and you don't need to be married to be in the same insurance

• Yes but I'm military the survivors Benefit Plan you have to be married to the military member for a year before you are allowed to even apply for that insurance which would allow my spouse to collect 55% of my retirement pay upon my death.

• Absolutely not, you don't need a piece of paper to prove your love

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually people move in together after they are married, what's the point now? Nothing sacred

0|0
    0|0
  • Marraige would be important for federal purposes and filing taxes

0|0
    0|0
  • Pivotal

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes