Is there anyone left in the world who wants a traditional marriage?

I strive to submit to my husband. I want my responsibilities to be him and the kids and the house. He works hard to provide for us. Every or almost every time I choose not go with what he wants I find out I was so wrong in the situation. Don't love to admit that lol. Am I literally the only person left who likes the traditional marriage?

Level of priorities:
God
Husband
Kids
Church and community

I used to be so hardcore feminist liberal wah wah wanted to be right all the time until I started being honest with myself. My husband needs to be the leader of this family. My role is to help and support him. I want a humble position. Many of us women would do well to close our mouth and listen a little more. Show respect to him.

2436

Most Helpful Guys

• Most modern day women demand that men are something that is impossible to achieve.
    They want a guy who is loyal, honest, respectful, empethetic, compromising, emotionally supportive, etc
    BUT when they have a good guy they grow cold on him because all of those are weaknesses.
    Women are drawn to bad men with the hopes they will not be bad with them.

You say to want to submit but you are doing the opposite. You are putting the weight of demands of personality traits and demands on how you want a guy to be and for that you are willing to stay silent.
    THAT is the opposite of submissive therefore if a guy fills all of these requests you want he's someone you will lose respect for.

This is why traditional marriage doesn't work... or any marriage.

• You are very confused. But thanks for your opinion

• It's possible. I've been without a woman for almost 5yrs. Unlike women, mens brains cannot function correctly without a women. They turn into psychopaths, or weird, or awkward, or get obsessive, suicidal, etc.

I'm probably about half of those things.

• Well I'm not religious, so god first seems wrong to me either way, but hubby before the kids? Really? If making your husband king is your thing, cool. No judgement, no support either, to each there own. But seriously, kids are first, always. And man who wants you to put him ahead of your kids, is selfish.

Isn't the basic idea of a traditional marriage that each spouse is to be respected at what try provide? Equality in love and respect. What the actual roles are changes with society, and every marriage, but I feel like most peo people e want that basic idea.

• Taking care of kids needs of course, but my husband will run the show. Not my kids. Therefore, husband, then kids.

• And you got married right before, or after that?

by the way, thanks for your honesty. My wife was raised in a very religious family (lutherin), and has struggled to believe any of it... ever. To me faith is fasinating, though I personally don't beleive.

• I got married a year after I was saved. Trust me I understand. I questioned for years and years and there was always something holding me back. I remember the main thing was I didn't understand why gay people couldn't be gay. I just knew it was natural and stuff. But I'm telling you that night I felt the holy spirit inside me and everything changed. God made himself known to me. And there's many details I could tell you but I've been on your side and I get it. It's just not something you can fully grasp until you're there. It's a journey though. I've grown so much in God in these two years

Most Helpful Girls

• I'd be perfectly happy to marry a good (kind, warm and sensible) man and take the submissive role. I'd rather be the one at home taking care of things. Though I'd hopefully have the chance to have hobbies/part time work too. As I think it's a woman's responsibility to make sure she could look after herself independently again if need be. I don't want kids (well maybe wouldn't rule out adoption) tho so taking care of the place all day might get dull and part time work income would be wise I think. I am a christian but I think it's important to remember that narcissists flock to spiritual hubs such as church halls and as such u have to be careful not to be taken advantage of there. I think its possible to combine old fashioned values with modern thinking. But u must be careful to marry a good person and be smart enough not to put yourself In a position where submissiveness and care giving becomes subservience and total depedence.

• The first portion of the equation is that the economy is different and most homes need 2 incomes to support kids and pay for college funds , retirement etc...

If you want someone religious I would go to Christian mingle. But you only get to be a house wife if he has a damn good income... and you kind of have to go to a Christian site or a supper religious community to find a dude like that...

Most regular dudes who believe in god aren’t that conservative. They are ok with a wife that works and they tackle problems together . The men I know see their wife as their partner in crime and as an equal. They tackle duties together , one of the reps I know brings his wife to his wine tastings, he cooks for her , and she is helping him during the summer when his assistant goes on vacation ( she is off because she is a teacher ) . Other men I know are also sweet because they help their wives with their groceries while they are at yoga. That’s great because being a full time mommy burns women out.

I prefer the new marriage format because it allows women liberties to have aspirations of their own and it allows the couple to have a more balanced power dynamic.

• Whatever floats your boat. But I will say that my husband is the most generous person. And seeing him as my leader is attractive and makes me feel safe and secure

• ? Seeing anyone as your leader is a horrible idea , it’s a good thing to have mutual respect in a relationship and limits. Like theoretically what if he wanted to move far away from your family or if he made your family convert to IBLP like the Dougars? I don’t think you would be cool with it.

• I make my opinion known on everything I care about. Seeing him as my leader is the best thing for me. He takes amazing care of me. He listens and respects my opinion. The love he has for me is amazing honestly