How long after being in a relationship with someone would you want to marry them?

Just curious. For it it would be 4-5 years and one of those years we live together.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a few different prerequisites I'd want to ensure before pursuing such a change in my life! There needs to be financial stability, both partners feeling physically/emotionally/mentally ready to take on that level of commitment along with its responsibilities, a home we can live in and have planned out what to expect in our future years of marriage!

I'd want to be in a relationship, living with them for at least 4 years so I can adapt to my significant other's behaviors and lifestyle. If we feel comfortable enough with each other, we'll be ready to take on that next step! If not, you can imagine what happens from there. It's far too often people rush into marriage then get divorced from a lack of bonding, little/no communication and/or not adapting to each other. Why not take the time to build up the foundation of your relationship with them, to find out if they are truly compatible for you or not?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship so a good year or two after we meet would be good to marry. I knew someone that was in a online long distance relationship with this she hasn't met for 4 years and after they finally met it took them a year to get married.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I think true love is realised pretty early in a relationship. Like a couple months but i wouldn't marry just on love. If they're not financial smart or not able to hold a job or handle real adult situations then I'd have to pass. Im all honesty, marriage is kinda stupid. If u want to celebrate ur love, fine but it shouldn't evolve so many legal things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I knew in the first few months that I wanted to marry my girlfriend. I'm still thinking of a cool unique way to pop the question.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought of marrying her after 2 months of dating. I know it's weird. But I had for the first time ever imagined a future with her (ex)...

0|0
    0|0
  • Me at least a year. I know some folks got married in two weeks, they been together 20+ years

0|0
    0|0
  • I knew the same day sadly

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• It depends on the relationship. I dated him for a month and I had a feeling that I would end up marrying him. Two months come he tells me he loves me and gets down on one knee in the shower not so romantic but his smile said it all. May 26th, 2016 we got married at the court house. My family refused accept him because he was from another country. We had to fight to be together prove our marriage wasn’t fake. We’ve struggled a lot as a married couple and we fight it’s normal but we don’t let it sever our relationship. Our two year anniversary is this weekend. I love him deeply still we actually make a lot more money now that he has his own company and I work plus go to college. My family has accepted him. I should have waited longer yes but I don’t regret it.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least 2 years and we would have had to have lived together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably 3-5 years. If its longer than 5 I would get worried lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I think once you know it's time then it's time, every relationship is different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather wait until we both feel it the right time...

0|0
    0|0
  • u can never tell. once you're ready, u will know it.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1.5-2 years

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 year

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes