Would you also be annoyed with your significant others decision?

I have like 145 people on my side of the fam who expect to be at my wedding. If it were up to my mom and grandparents, they’d force me to invite them. But at this point, im only inviting 20 of 145 people because most of those people are rude and dont even like me and my fam. They talk about us behind our backs and dont care for us. Yet they expect to be apart of my big day. Im annoyed with my boyfriend because its the same for him. He has lots of fam who he sees once every few years. They hardly communicate, yet he's forcing me to invite them. The whole point of me doing a destination wedding was to escape my fam who doesn't travel much. But his extended fam travels a lot and i didn't want them there since they dont even care for him. he's an idiot for wanting to spend money on these people who we dont even communicate with. He recently saw them for the first time in years and because that trip went swell, he's kissing their asses. Am i wrong to be annoyed that I might not get the intimate wedding of my dreams? How would you feel? Plus i’ll prob look dumb because my mom just tld me that maybe only 5 of 20 people on my side might make it. His side will be the whole wedding ig #FeelFreeToList #iTheWed
My fam is broke with the exception of my sperm donor who wants me to beg his wife to py for the wedding. i refuse to be a suckup. So i’ll be payin for the majority of this wedding since my boyfriend will possibly be near broke after college. I want my dream ceremony and am willing to pay for it. I already gave up my dream reception and im Not giving up my dream ceremony too. So im tryna hqve a small intimate destination wedding that i can afford to celebrate with the 20-40 people we actually talk to

1122

Most Helpful Guys

• Tell him that you don't want to spend so much for people who don't care about you, he shouldn't invite people just for the sake of it, he should invite the people who are close to him and who he actually knows rather than some people who he meets every couple of years...

• Exactly i told him! But he's tryna keep everyone happy and is tryna invite them anyway. Ugh

• I've tried for 6 months to tell him

• Try it again but this time, you make sure that he hears you and that he agrees, it's not only his wedding, if you don't want them there, he has to understand and frankly he should grow up because that would not be the way you want to start your marriage...

• To me there is no point in calling 100 plus people in your wedding that you barely talk to them. I mean a wedding is supposed to be your special day, a moment you share with the people that are close to you. Personally I would make a wedding even with 10 people. I would call some close friends, like 3-6 , some of my cousins ( because I have so many cousins that some of them, I've never met at all and what the hell, I dont even have a responsibility to call them to my wedding). Although I would like to make a huge wedding, a small one is more special.

• Yes hats exactly whatbi want to do but he's the one trying to invite thse strangers

• What's the point to call them if they gonna judge you after

• I don't know why he wants them there. he's tryna keep these idiots happy when theyre never happy

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s your day. And it’s meant to be sacred and special and if you don’t want all of those people there, then don’t invite them. Tell him you want a small, intimate wedding. If he chooses to invite all the other people then let him pay for everything but let him know that you won’t be happy. And nobody wants a pissed off bride/wife. Not a good way to start the new beginning.

• I've told him this for 6 months now. Yet he keeps tryna invite fam he doenst associate with. he's tryna make everyone happy when he's really makin me mad. Im most likely paying for the majority of the wedding because he's cheap. So if inchoose a cvwnue that only allows 40 guests, then he’ll end up lookin stupid when half are standing outside unable to get in

• Yes I would because this is our day and we're supposed to enjoy, they are not even making a valuable contribution to the wedding and most likely might downgrade because of you didn't exactly reach their expectation. This is your day whether it be two or three people do the best you can and don't go over and beyond for people who wouldn't care two shit in the morning. So he needs to understand that's it no longer pleasing them with an invitation but pleasing you guys with a beautiful wedding. That's why it has cameras record everything and they shall get a video watch it or not who gives af (sorry for cursing my lady) By the waaaaayyyy congratulation let's do the happy dance ooohhh yeahhh yeahhh slay girl slay

• Lol i had the same, like send these hoes a video haha 😂🙌

• Hahaha that's like the first thing that came to my mind what happened to pictures and videos they bitches don't need a whole invitation