White wedding dress?

I haven't yet told my family that I don't want to wear a traditional white dress for my wedding. They're extremely traditional, and I am too, but I'm also quirky. Also, they don't take it well when I tell them something they don't like.

I don't want just a white dress because that's what everyone does. I like to be apart from the crowd. Besides, the difference means more to me. It suits my personality and it symbolizes more for me than a white dress ever could.

So, what do you think? How should I tell my family?

The dress is going to be a two piece. A white lace top with a skirt of a soft blush pink. These pictures will give you some idea of it.

White wedding dress?

White wedding dress?

White wedding dress?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, awesome choice of dress and color! Secondly, I personally don't believe in conforming to other people's ideals or expectations when it doesn't suit YOU, even if it's coming from your own family.

But just ask yourself this, which would you be happier with:
    - Wearing the dress of your choice and possible getting rebuked by your family, knowing that they won't be internally happy with you while you're walking up the aisle
    - Adopting your family's tradition to make them happy while forgoing the dress of your choice that you really wanted that would have captured your essence more perfectly

Of course it would be good to have both pros and neither con, but unfortunately in your case it has to be a trade-off so you must choose.
    Best of luck!

Most Helpful Girls

• Thats your wedding. Thats your celebration. doesn't matter what they believe in. Actually light pink color is pretty common. White is nice and etc however Id also feel much more comfortable with different dress. And thats your choice. They just have to deal with it.

• That's exactly what I thought. Thanks so much!

• I think those in the pictures are a lot prettier than most wedding dresses.