Do you think it's wrong to pressure a man into marriage?

Like if a woman keeps asking why he won't propose,, does anyone find this wrong or just me? It's wrong to pressure a woman into sex, but not pressure a man into committing to one person for the rest of his life.
Wrong to pressure a man into marriage?
Wrong to pressure a man into marriage?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends. A woman has to be up front. If getting married and having a family is her goal than she should voice that early in a relationship. So for example a guy is just looking for fun but nothing serious or if a guy intends to never marry they should both know what each other's long term goals are so they can realize they aren't compatible.

I'd say if a woman was honest up front that she is looking for a long term mate and marriage is what her long term goal is and if the guy says that is what he is a looking for too and if they end up dating 3-4 years, she has the right to smell a "bait and switch" from him and ask what gives.

It just depends on the circumstances, what they've already discussed and how long they've been together.

2|1
    0|0
  • women like to talk, have direction, as they have a clock ticking... every month an embryo is screaming in their body to live. It's a diff reality, so it's ok to ask, but an't pressure, can give timeline...

I like how the cave women did this years ago. She and her GFs would hookup a snare line, when one of the thugs would come around to whack them and drag them back to his cave, they would catch him! drag him back, build a fire and makeout. he wouldn't want to leave as she made a nice dinner of fresh berries and wild game!

That's how online dating worked then... lol:)

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Is that really pressure though?
    Making sure someone is on the same page as you in a relationship is important and that means keeping communication open even if it’s uncomfortable. If she’s asking why he won’t propose and he keeps putting her off then there is no point staying in the relationship.
    I don’t think that question is trying to make him propose right now; rather that it is on the table and a rough time line as to when and I don’t think that’s unreasonable. If she wants marriage and he doesn’t then that should be said so both people can find partners more suited to their goals

1|1
    0|0
  • Women have a window! It goes by in a flash! Ideally, if you want to be having children, you will want to do this before 35. Men like to establish a relationship, test the waters. Be in a long term relationship (5+ years) before committing. This is great when you are 20. You have time... but if that first long term relationship doesn’t work... or the next one.. you are facing 30 with aging ovaries. I would have liked to have children... but due to feet dragging, indecision etc. It’s just too late. Women- you have a right to ask where a relationship is going. It’s your life! Own it!

0|1
    1|0
    • Well men can date a younger woman

• Show All
    • You can change your name without getting married.

• 4d

Thanks for the MHG

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• not really, she has the right to know if he will or if she's just wasting her time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its always good to pressure man a bit, it works as a stimulation

1|0
    0|0
  • Its never ok to pressure someone into doing anything forcefully

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course it is. The pressure only creates resentment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage is a losing bet and if they insisted, then I'd insist they piss off

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it wrong for a man to pressure a woman into sex?

0|0
    0|1
  • They both need to be up front about what they want in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely totally wrong.

2|2
    1|0
  • Obviously.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's wrong to pressure ANYONE into marriage

1|0
    0|0
  • No one should be pressured into marriage

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it's like rape

0|2
    2|0
  • Yeah it's definitely wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's wrong of course

0|1
    0|0
  • It won't be good for the woman either.

0|1
    0|0
  • ... yes? Everyone thinks it’s wrong

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's wrong I know no one that thinks that ok

1|0
    0|0
  • HELLYES

0|0
    0|0
  • yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well why are you dating if you not serious

1|0
    0|0
  • Most definitely...

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • It is. You have to do as you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeap

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because divorces tend to favor women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never ends up good

0|0
    0|0
  • Why doesn't she just propose for fuck sake?

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously. Its wrong to pressure anybody to anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • A relationship has to go at a woman’s pace, not a man’s. She says yes or no to a first date. She accepts or turns her head on the first kiss. She consents or denies a sexual advance. She decides to commit or stay casual. And above all she says yes or no to a marriage proposal.

With all this “gender equality” some of these roles are flipped. But it’s still awkward.

So with that said she can bring up that she wants to get serious or not. Many guys might be scared of the idea (and for good reason) but tbh if it’s the right girl it could be good for us.

I dated a girl a few years ago that was hinting around about being serious. She screwed me over big time later.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its wrong to be with a woman who wants to get married while you dont. Let her go find her husband and you won't have to worry about feeling pressured. Just leave its so simple

2|1
    0|1
    • Its wrong to be with a man who wants to get laid while you dont. Let him go find his girl and you won't have to worry about feeling pressured. Just leave its so simple

• @esotericstory agreed

• I think its wrong to pressure anybody into anything

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends, when I saw your title, I thought of course it's wrong. But then I saw your description, and we have different definitions of pressuring. If a woman wants to marry one day, but the man doesn't and he never tells her he doesn't, then there's nothing wrong with the woman asking. It's not pressuring, it's the man leading her on. But the man has every right to not marry either, so understand that you two are incompatible, talk about it & if you don't have the same goals, you need to separate. It's wrong if a woman knew the man didn't ever wanna marry her and she pressured him though, just like it's wrong if the man KNOWS she wants to marry but still selfishly stay in a relationship with her without telling her he's never gonna marry her.

Two different people, nothing wrong with wanting or NOT wanting marriage. So communicate or separate.

1|1
    0|0
  • If someone's pressured into marriage chances are they'll just eventually get divorced.

0|2
    0|0
  • after dating a year or 2 ether go forward or end it.
    by then you will know, so the man should tell the woman... otherwise it will not be good for her well being.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody can pressure a man into marriage. Traditionally, men are the ones who propose marriage. Now unless someone is holding a shotgun to his head, the decision to propose is his and he has free will to make that decision.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol wtf are you saying. Men get pressured into marriage by commercials , family , friends and the woman. Then they say stuff like if you love her marry her and society will look down on you. So yea we getting fucking pressured. Just like women getting pressured with make out right?

• It is customary in most parts of the world to want to find a spouse to marry. Norms only affect a person if they let them. If you are an unconventional person, then simply don’t abide by these norms.

• Sounds like she’s feeling very insecure and wondering if she’s wasting her time with him if he’s not showing that he truly wants to be with her (in her mind). Ideally she should be able to talk about this in a mature and understanding way, not an accusatory one. I’d suggest perhaps having a talk about where you both see your futures going. Do you want to stay with this woman or not?

0|0
    0|0
    • If not, let her go.

• No , man up and marry her

0|0
    1|3

Recommended myTakes