If you’ve ever been cheated on, were you ever in denial? If so, how long were you in denial?

My friend has recently opened up to me about a really bad relationship she had. Long story short, she UNKNOWINGLY had almost a year long affair with someone. Basically they met off tinder, said he was single and they initially just wanted regular, casual sex. Eventually, feelings got involved so she did some snooping around social media and found out he had a fiancé and and told the girl IMMEDIATELY and explained everything.

This was all about 3-4 months ago. Fast forward to now, I looked up the girl on social media as my friend can’t look her up as she was blocked and she’s still with her lying cheating fiancé, posting pictures together and liking bridal accounts etc. We think she’s in denial as obviously she hasn’t told any of her family and friends as she’s acting like everything is fine.

So my question is, is it normal for people to be in denial upon the discovery of infidelity despite the UNDENIABLE proof there is? How long until they get out of denial and start accepting the truth?

My friend even spoke to her on the phone and got the guy to admit it to his fiancé as initially he tried to beg her not to tell his fiancé but my friend said if he didn’t tell her, she will.
3
9