Is the customer always right?

Do you believe in that saying?

why or why not?

3245

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, most often the customer is just an asshole.
    My husband is a complaints manager, and deals with the high profile/cost ones that come through the ombudsman and there is actually a formula they use to determine what we’ll wipe out and what we’ll fight against. The amount of money we throw away just to keep people happy is a joke, I’d tell them all to get fucked the cheap asses.
    That’s why I’m not allowed to speak with customers 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think the customer is always correct. It's possible for them to be wrong, having misconception about things and it's possible for the business to be disagree with them. Why the quote "The customer is always right" is a thing is because the businesses thinks it's important to keep the customers happy so they wants to come back again and continuing being their customers. If the business don't satisfy the customers, the customers can choose to not return and then the business won't get their money. If they lose too many customers, then there would be lesser money.

There's examples on where the businesses have been very disagree with the customers and refused to do what the customers wanted. When a couple requested a Nazi cake with both the Nazi symbol and text where it's written "Adolph Hitler", the bakery refused to do it. I think it's understandable that the bakery didn't want to do so. Not only because I'm disagreeing with the ideology, but also because it's an unpopular ideology and the business didn't want to be associated with it. It could both affect their income and how they felt about themselves.

There's also cases where bakeries refuses to make cakes for gay weddings. I think it's silly, but it's not my problem if the business do it. It would only affect the business negatively. Especially in the Western world they would risk losing customers.

Sometimes I think customers is right and other times not. Same thing applies to businesses. If the business is doing something which isn't a good idea I think it was up to them and it's their fault if it goes wrong in some cases.