Are there people who hate spending money on themselves, but love spending it on others?

As in, is it possible to be frugal but enjoy splurging money on girlfriends and friends?

1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah I don't spend money on myself even when it's necessary. I barely ate during a school trip because I didn't want to spend money on myself but I bought gifts for my friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. I personally don’t spend money on myself more than truly necessary, but I love to see the faces of my friends and loved ones light up when I spoil them, which I do often.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am extremely hesitant to buy anything for myself but when it comes to other people, I will literally spend money until I’m down to the last penny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh I'm totally like that.
    $40 for a couple shirts for me is a lot. I'll totally drop twice that on gifts for people

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Why is that so? That's what I'm trying to figure out lol

• 6d

I don't really know. I just care about them and want to help them out when I can but like, I'm whatever.

• Thats me I rather see smiles on my friends faces when I buy myself something its gotta be on sale and its like do I really need this?

0|0
    0|0
  • Im frugal because i want to leave a legacy for my kids. Id not be attracted to a woman who wanted me to splurge on her.

0|1
    0|0
  • I actually bought my sister her phone and ipad and CDs of her favorite bands but I don't like spending money on myself

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Do you consider yourself to be frugal? Would you spend money on a girlfriend as well?

• Show All
    • 6d

But that's purely sexual though. I'm talking about someone you're in love with and in a committed relationship with. Does that apply?

• If a guy is responsible with his money he isn't going to waste it on women

0|1
    0|0
  • I love it both ways: giving and receiving. Depending on the circumstance, I will almost always whether give.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Do you consider yourself to be a frugal person?

• Not that don't like spending on one's self but a gift for a friend has to reflect how important or how good of a friend you think they are

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m sure they exist, but would definitely be a minority

0|0
    0|0
  • Not exactly, only if it it's my close family like parents, grandparents, and close cousins.

0|0
    0|0
  • ME Here, dear. xxoo

0|1
    0|0
  • Not me

0|1
    0|0
  • Not on women specifically, but more my family.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

If you had a girlfriend or a wife, would you spend on her?

• 6d

I did before and it got taken for granted.

• Very true

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Are you frugal?

• Show All
    • 10h

I told a guy that I like the finer things in life and he said "Oh, so you like expensive things". I said yes, but it's more about the quality than the price tag. Then he said that good quality things aren't always expensive. He asked me out on another date. I'm just wondering if this is something that would scare off a guy if he himself doesn't like expensive stuff and is frugal.

• 8h

l don't think it would /should scare a guy of well it would not scare me of it depends how much money he has l have lots ££££ _

• Grandparents?

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

More like a girlfriend or friends.

• Well, my sister is one of those idiots who does that. She spends all of her money on her husband's family and then comes crying to our father asking for some money to pay her bills.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love spending money to my kid but not me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes