Is it normal for in-laws to give their son's/daughter's partner a birthday gift?

Do your parents give your partner a gift for their birthday? It's my partner's birthday in 2 weeks and my mum, as always, has asked what she should get him as a gift. I gave her a suggestion, and then she asked if she should add more to it. I said not to worry as his mum never gets me anything for my birthday, which is a couple of months after his. Now just to be clear, I'm not envious of my mum buying my partner a gift; I'm a little hurt that I don't receive the same gesture for my birthday. My mum tells us all the time how wonderful my partner is (and he is wonderful) but his mum says nothing about me. I also feel less special to her when I don't receive a gift or even a card for my birthday, because to me, that says she's acknowledging me and appreciates me. All of my exes mum's got me something in the past.
We get along, she doesn't dislike me at all, so that's not an issue, I just don't know why she isn't like my mum.

Does anyone else's mum's/parents give your partner a gift for their birthday?
13
13