What is an acceptable spending range for gifts for friends, someone you're dating, your boyfriend/girlfriend?

friendlymbflirty
I love giving gifts! And I don't really look at price. If its something I think someone will like I buy it. Also whether you are my friend, family, boyfriend, guy I'm dating, it doesn't really matter to me. If I think you'll like it, I buy it.

Recently however, I've been told that what I buy and how much I spend is somewhat seen as a reflection of how much I like that person. To me thats dumb. But in order to not cause confusion what would be a good price range for each of the categories above?

Additionally, is giving something special to a specific person too much for someone who is just a friend? Or memorabilia? Like what is too much when it comes to gifts for "just a friend"?
3
3