How do you handle sales personal aggressive follow up when you go shopping?

Anonymous
I'm speaking in expressing to them that you appreciate the offers but it’s ok you don’t need the items you thanked them. I rarely go personally to stores because of this. Yet today pass to shop some items. After the store manager kindly asked about the item I was looking for and helped me she kind of insisted on adding offers. I felt pressured and expressed that the items are not my style and that I don’t need them. Also felt awkward when she started suggesting items and I mention that don’t fit my workplace and she asked me in what I work and personal thing. She kind of took it bad I could saw on her face and her tone she switch in her approach. I just flowed and bought the item. Yet let me reflecting and processing this. I wonder if I was too honest on this? When a person goes to a store she doesn’t have the obligation of consuming everything or create a new need. Yet I don’t want to felt disrespectful and keep understanding people are doing their work.
0
1