Spending a birthday alone

This is the first year I'm spending a birthday alone. My family has officially fallen apart. I expect no calls from anyone except my mom. What hurts the most, though, is my brother since he and I used to be inseparable. But I won't be hearing from him.

To add to that, I've recently moved to a new state, so I have little in terms of friends to speak of. I've never really been that popular, so growing up I never had parties or gatherings thrown for me in high school or college, so that's not something I'm going to miss. And I have no girlfriend or significant other, either.

What kind of sucks is that I remember everyone's birthday. I remember, a few years ago, I liked a girl and thought she liked me because of her flirtatious behavior towards me, so I called her on her birthday. But on my birthday, she never called.

I'm used to stuff like that. Have any of you spent a birthday truly alone and how did you do it?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Happy Birthday or Happy belated Birthday! Just remember that you are never really truly alone. I would also suggest trying to make things right between you and your brother. The relationship between siblings is very important and can never compare to any other relationship. I would also suggest that you try to put yourself out there more and make attempts to put yourself in situations where you can meet people and make some friends.

• I've tried repairing it with my brother, tried way more than he's tried, but it takes two to tango. He basically left me no choice but to move on for my own sanity.

• I'm so sorry. Don't give up on it completely. Maybe just give him some time before you try again.

What Girls Said 1

• That's happened

But you're not alone

We are here

What Guys Said 1

• When is your birthday?