Would you NOT go out with a guy for his accent?

This girl I don't know messaged me on Facebook a couple of week ago through Facebook. We started talking and I noticed she was being very flirty with me so I know she likes me and I want to ask her out before New Year, but my only concern is that English is not my first language and I know I stumble over my words sometimes and it is kind of hard for me to express complex ideas in English. My vocabulary is not bad, the problem is that I've never been able to lose that fear of speaking English, which is dumb because I know my English is good I only need more practice and I even have an American accent on some words. Do you think this would be a problem for her? This is really the only thing that is keeping me from asking her out because I know she likes my looks, she was the one that contacted me after all and she has told me several times that she thinks I'm funny. This girl is gorgeous and she seems like everything I've been looking for, but I guess I don't feel confident enough to talk to her because of this reason. (I'm not really nervous about approaching her or anything, it's just the language barrier that I'm worried about)

This is just a comic reference I wanna make about my problem, they're really funny >.<

link</a>

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Communication is important, so if I can't talk to a guy and he speaks no English what so ever, than that could raise a problem. But just basing this off your question, your English seems to be fairly well. Now, I don't know how you sound in person, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. It kind of adds some interesting aspects to the relationship. She can always teach you how to speak English in cute ways and you could teach her your native tongue aha Kind of adds to the fun of getting to know a person. I say go for it man!

• I know! that's what I've always thought of, it could add a funny aspect to the relationship if she is cool with it, but if she's not then it would only be a turn off for her. I huge one I would think. Do you think I should tell her that English is not my native language so she can kind of expect it and isn't as turned off whenever I make a mistake while speaking?

• Yeah of course, tell her. Not just for her, but for yourself. I think if you tell her and get it out the way, you'd be a lot more comfortable. I'm sure she won't have a problem with it at all (: By the way, those vids were hella funny xD

What Girls Said 4

• If she is everything you are looking for go for it regardless of everything else or you'll end up probably regretting it.

• While that is true, I kind of need something more inspiring here :P

• Then it sounds like she is allready yours so you have nothing to worry about :)

• ahhh! You're getting me excited :3

• Girls love accents. As long as you can basically communicate, you're fine.

• TBH: I would answer tis question a few months ago and say no but my boyfriend has a accent and its so CUTE and I dnt mind it anymore <3

• does he have trouble sometimes speaking though?

• Hahaha siii! ESE era yo! :p you haven't forgotten your Spanish have you? :p

• hahaha nooo nunca! lol were funny :D

• Accents are nice to hear , But eventually it would get on my nerves . Sooner are later I would prefer him to speak English , But who knows . A lot of females love accents .

What Guys Said 0