What's your New Year's list of changes and improvements to this site?

Mine would be:

1) Limit people to, say, 20 answers a day.

There are nimrods on here who do nothing but answer hundreds of questions with meaningless anonymous 3 and 4-word 'answers', I guess just to get the Amazon gift certificates,.

2) Give less points to anonymous questions and answers or, maybe MORE points to people who identify themselves., or maybe both!

Two reasons: The nimrods above with their trolling. Discouraging anonmyity would limit heir trolling. and also, it's ridiculous that maybe 85% of the questions are anonymous. You can't give incisive advice without knowing anything about the person you're advising! And why are people anonymous when answering if they voted for President or not?

3) Request information on members' ethnic and linguistic background. They wouldn't have to answer, this would be optional, but it would make answering questions a lot more interesting and a LOT more worthwhile!

I mean, they limit questions to two in six hours,and I often want to ask more..why can't they put some reasonable limit on answers within 24 hours?

37

Most Helpful Girl

• Numbered pages of the questions popping up on the main page of some sort. I always refresh when it's questions I've already answered or have to go to direct categories. Just my personal wish.

I agree about the anonymous thing but not the 20 questions thing.

I'm not here at all for Amazon cards. I answer every question fully. I rarely use less than 15-20 words in a post.

Maybe a 'minimum charactars' option that people can check to remove if they feel one-four word answers are acceptable. Though I'm of mind to think those very same people would find annoying ways to bypass that as well and leave posts even more cluttered with random added on characters. It's difficult to say what would alleviate this particular issue.

• We should limit the nimrod three word answering in some way...

• Very good point.

• Sorry for bad typing, this travel computer is too small for my fingers. 'I'm sure youu could survive holding onto your writing urges..

If they can limit questions to such a small number, why not some limit on answers? At least slow down the nimrods.

Their silly , meaningless three word 'answers' just waste our time, since we have to scroll past all their gift certificate posts to look at our answers and comment...

What Girls Said 2

• ehhh just one that bugs me... for the "check out these similar questions" page after answering a question, none of those questions are similar and it's always the same questions that come up, no matter what question you previously answered. Anyone else notice that? Other than that an iphone app would be cool!

• anonynous Q's should not be able to demand that everyone answering shows their identity.

What Guys Said 7

• A mobile site or App is long overdue. Navigating the site can be very difficult. I'm in favour of the different point allocation for anonymous vs non-anonymous Q's and A's

• You know, it would be nice if people answered more questions without being anonymous. But this is also why I do what you did with this question. I make it so on most of my questions you can't answer anonymously.

Sometimes when I feel like I can be of some use, I answer more than 20 questions in a day, so that can be something I wouldn't go for.

You did ask a good question, but I don't see them making these changes. The one thing that I'd really like to see is more options for these xper points.

• Other than those "super mods", there hasn't been that many changes over the years here at gag. Though more ads of course, and they seem to have "highlighted" our featured articles. The creators of the site have seemed to have gone off to other endeavors. I'm not a fan of the limit of answers though, as moderators already do take care of that somewhat. Though I haven't been around in a while to really see how bad it is.

• It's really bad. Some people answer every question asked with three or four meaningless words and it clogs up the questions.

• Less points for anonymous Q&A, and an app would be great

• Bringing back some sort of IM chat back to this site would be huge! 8-)

• Mobile App.

• Definitely agree with the less points for anonymous posts. Also, the GAG news popping up on the bottom every time I get on the site is annoying as heck.