My boyfriend is going to be gone for 9 days, how do I cope?

So he has to go to his dad and his dad lives in the county. Connection is bad there so we can't text,skype,FB message, anything. He said he will try to get it to work but he is bad at computer stuff.. Just wondering how do I cope? Its only been a day but I really miss him! Right now I am sick and just wish I could see him and he would make me feel better. I might go to my friends some to take my mind off of it but I can't right now. I over think to and that puts some bad thoughts and very slim theories into my head. How do I take my mind off of him being gone. Especially on New Years where I don't get to midnight kiss him...

22

Most Helpful Girl

• 1- Just relax. Right now, take a nice, deep breath and just... relax. Everything will be fine. You love him, he loves you, you trust him you'll both be fine. If him being gone for nine days ruins you then you need to take a step back and pull yourself out of it a bit. You need to be a completely independent person, if he leaves for a week you can be sad about it, be upset but that shouldn't shut you down so completely. You have friends, he's not your only friend, you have all kinds of things you can do, so go do them.

2- He's not doing anything with anyone. It's been one day and you're already thinking about that? You're just getting yourself all worked up in a tizzy, it's all in your head. Seriously you need to just relax and enjoy some alone time! No one wants someone hanging off of them all the time so now's your time to rejuvenate yourself, find your center, enjoy you time. It's unhealthy to feel a need to be around him all the time, or in contact with him all the time, you need to be your own person.

3- The midnight kiss thing is really silly and overrated, the media makes it a huge deal and it's a stupid silly thing. Look, a year is 365 days, right? So then each day is a new year, so when he gets back get your kiss at midnight then, good luck for the next year.

What Guys Said 2

• Try to keep yourself busy and comforted. My lady is out of contact with me right now and when I sit around doing bothies is when I start getting a little down. Don't let that happen- you need to keep your mind on other things.

• Both of you will live. Just try and keep yourself busy or distracted.

What Girls Said 1

• just refer to life before you had a boyfriend. he was gone a lot longer than 9 days. he didn't even exist. you werent damaged. you'll live.

if by slim theories you mean him cheating then reevaluate why you're with someone you don't trust. if you mean you worry hell die or something, well that can happen anywhere anytime. no point worrying about it.

• no trust me I trust him completely and I really just mean anything. Nothing in particular a lot of things my brain is just like that. And thanks :)