What's your New Year's dating resolution...increase your efforts or give up completely?

2012 is coming to a close and like me I'm sure you all are taking a moment to reflect on all the things you've accomplished or where you could have made more improvements. In review of my dating life during this year I had a moment today where I truly felt as though I would invest less time in seeking a mate. I've had the misfortune of meeting some very horrid men and I'm just not in the mood to go through all that mess again.

But upon reading another question about how long one should wait to find love; it made me wonder if 2012 just wasn't my year.

So what about you all? Will do more for 2013? Try different tactics? Or just say F-it all together?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Complete my divorce (2 F'n YEARS!) Then spend a whole day exploring every inch of a beautiful woman's body.

• Now that is something to look forward to in 2013. Good luck and enjoy!

What Guys Said 3

• it's been the same the past many years and nothing new, although I'm gonna try to exercise and work out more to get physical results I've never had before, I did go to the gym for 2 years from 2007 to 2009 but I got lazy but I want to try to take it more seriously this time, I didn't have a gym membership, didn't go from 2010 to late of 2012

• Im not so sure I should increase my efforts at trying to land a girl of my own; the last time I did that, I ended up very depressed and gave up for a while. Maybe I will try to become a better conversationalist, so I have more to say with the fewer ladies I approach. Maybe do more reading on relationships and dating, more exercise etc. 2012 for me was simply DREADFUL; I'm hoping 2013 is going to be the year I land a Girlfriend and end the cycle of lonliness that has dogged me for 42 yrs. Cheers to 2013 !

• Or how about what's my New Years resolution, cause I don't date anybody.

Hopefully in 2014, I would of gotten me a job, I miss being employed.

What Girls Said 3

• My New years dating resolution is to continue to improve myself,continue with my high standards in men,not settle,and have a good time until I find someone of quality.

• Try harder! I've just turned 18 and just started college and I've never had a boyfriend;( I'm not ugly or overweight or anything it just because I'm really shy, hopefully things will change in college and I'll try and put myself out there:)

• Im giving up some of my resolutions, I don't successfully do a resolution so theyre practically similar every year.. I giving up weight loss, my boyfriend thinks I'm sexy the way I am, other than that I just want better grades, learn an instrument and do voluntary for orphans or children in hospital, or children with down syndrome, at least one organisation I want to work for.

• Im so sorry I didn't read your question well, regarding dating I want to treasure and value myself more, no one will value you if you don't value yourself, I am sick of guys treating me cheaply cause I become cheap for them, its not really being of a cheap value if your partner gives to the relationship as much as you do, my resolution is to value myself in that sense.