What's your opinion on New Years Kisses?

So, when the clock strikes 12, would you like to have somebody to kiss? Or not? Would you just kiss a friend?

73

Most Helpful Girl

• It sort of depends on who I'm with. The years I've been with my close group of friends, we sort of just make the rounds and kiss on the cheek or lips depending on the comfort level. It means nothing other than friendly affection and happy new year.

As for the whole romantic angle- I don't know that it's ever been New Years Eve when I've been at the point where I was hoping a guy would finally take that step...Hypothetically speaking, it could be good if it gets you past the initial first kiss, but it could also make things more confusing when you factor in tradition and alcohol- might make you question the sincerity of it.

Personally, I've never been bummed out that I didn't have someone to kiss at midnight- it's never been a huge thing for me.

I do have a cute story about two of my friends meeting at a party on New Years Eve and having their first kiss. They were some of the few single people at the party and he asked her if he could kiss her at midnight, she said yes and he did. About a month later he asked her on their first date and they've been together ever since. They got married about a year and a half ago, now they're working on their first child. The tradition definitely worked for those two, so if you're into it, I say go for it because you never can tell!

What Girls Said 6

• They're sweet, but I'm not sure if I would do it with a friend. I probably would if we decided we would ahead of time haha... like "hey! I'm gonna kiss you at midnight!" a few minutes before or something.

Unfortunately I can't use any of my closest guy friends hahaha... one of them has a girlfriend, one of them has a huge crush on me, and the other one I have a lot of history with. :P

• I think I'd like that and that's the only reason that makes me want to spend the midnight with my boyfriend... But I know we won't, because I'll be with my family and my group of friends, and he will be with his...We'll only be together on the 1st of January...

But I'd like to kiss him when the clock strikes twelve... I think it is romantic x)

• I would only kiss someone on New Years if they were my boyfriend. I wouldn't just grab a random guy...not my style.

• stupid

• Lol maybe , whatever comes happens

• I've never done that, but there's a guy I like this year so it could be fun.

What Guys Said 3

• Would like to give the girlfriend a smooch, but she's away traveling :\

• I got someone to kiss at midnight. One time at the Ritz Carlton a girlfriend of mine went to the bar and could not find her way back right at midnight. A hot girl next to me pulled me close and kissed me. It was pretty freakin hot.

• My Tom Brady poster

• You should get a Roethlisberger poster. You're more likely to get more action.

• Im not a Steeler fan. You clearly misunderstood that comment, but I also didn't know you were serious with your homosexual comment lol

• Man crush. NOT homosexual.