Are people really that insecure?

Are people really that insecure?

It takes a lot for me to get ticked off, but today just really pissed me off. I was at--one of--my sister's job with my mother, for our appointments with the chiropractor, and my mom's first language is French, so that is what she speaks to us in because that is what she is most comfortable with.

Anyway, after we left the lady that was waiting said to the doctor that she speaks French and that we were talking about her. Which is bullsh*t! We weren't talking about her. My mom was talking about everything we have to do. She is one of those people that always makes lists.

Later, the doctor told my sister to be careful when speaking in another language. My sister told him we weren't talking about her, and cleared it up.

Anyway, I started thinking how can anyone be that insecure that we were talking about her. We don't even f***ing know her! We don't care enough about you to talk about you. Gosh!

When people talk in: Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, Korean, or any language I don't understand, I don't automatically think they are talking about me.

Heck! It's a free country. We can talk in whatever language we want. If you want communism so badly, move to Russia.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Sorry about all the anger in this question. It just gets under my skin how people can go to the lengths of telling lies that they speak a language just because they "think" it is about them. They should be embarrassed.

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Small minded people are insecure, and they are everywhere.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm multilingual too, but I stil think it's kind of rude to speak a language with someone else in front of someone that doesn't understand it, if it's just the three of you in a room. You wouldn't want to give any impression that you're talking about them.

• It's in public doctor's office; people are going to come in contact with DIFFERENT people. I am not walking the Earth to constantly be conscious of "other" people's insecurities. Again, my mother's FIRST language is French, she is older and is more comfortable speaking in her own language.

• It is a case by case thing. You need to be conscious of your surrounding. Your actions have consequences. Be aware of that.

• Oh please. It wasn't a negative action. It was an insecure person. Be aware of that.

• People generally think it's about them because through their mind they may feel that you are trying to conceal the fact that you want to speak with them via speaking another language. They may think, if this person really had nothing to hide, then why wouldn't they be speaking English, rather than changing automatically

• https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=NrOnhuDfBrU people love drama and people are so full of themselves. Next time just speak of something else but stare at the stupid lady if you ever see her again. :) Happy New Year

• You should've tea-bagged her

• Unless they are talking in a language I don't understand, while making jester(such as pointing) towards me, I don't care, I'm not part of thier conversation, I don't feel any need to snoop, so I'll carry on whatever I am doing, I don't think much of it

• some people discriminate against other cultures. For instance I have had that problem before since my first lenguage is Spanish

• Communism? Russia? huh?

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like an ignorant bunch. No worries

I personally love it when people talk in a different tongue. Makes me want to hone in and sharpen my skills. Haha

• When I encounter people like that I speak in Farsi particularly loud and passionately. I love to see their lips flutter in confusion. Demonic I know :))

• Ahahaha! That's what I like to hear! :D