Would this turn a guy off? Should I apologize?

I'm sorry if this is a little gross but this guy I have a crush on and went to school with came over to my house on New Years day. We had been talking for the past few days and he was supposed to be my date on New Years Eve but things happened so he came over the next day instead. Well before he came over I had went to the bathroom and of course flushed but my toilet has a bad habit of not having everything go down. Since I was so nervous I forgot to check so when my crush used the bathroom there was stuff in the toilet. He mentioned it and I was so embarrassed but this didn't stop him from continuing to kiss me. Now I've known this guy since I was 15 (we are now 22) so we are pretty close but today is Saturday and I haven't heard from him. So I was wondering if that turned him off and should I text him first and throw in an apology. I'm super scared that I screwed things up because I do really like him. Also once again sorry if this sounds a little TMI or gross but I couldn't find any other way to explain. Any help is greatly appreciated on how I can somehow salvage this crush.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• This kind of thing happens to everyone sometimes. It can be a little embarrassing, but it's not anything to be concerned about. It seems a little weird that he said anything, but not a big deal.

You might want to fix your toilet. Maybe something is wrong. Or in some places the water level is set very low to save water. If it's not flushing properly it can be adjusted. It's pretty easy to do and you should be able to find instructions with a quick search. Look for instructions with pictures. If it seem gross, just remember that the water in the tank is clean, just like comes out of the faucet.

Another possibility is that the holes along the rim are clogged with a build up of lime or other minerals. There should be water coming out all the around the rim. To fix this is a little more involved. You can try using a coat hanger to poke the holes to see it you can clear them. Don't jam it all the way in, just little pokes to let the minerals fall out instead of being pushed further in. If this doesn't help then it either needs to be replaced, or needs a more thorough cleaning with an acid, which is something you probably won't want to get involved in yourself.

What Guys Said 5

• Whatever it is, it is not the toilet.

I would have cleaned the thing for her and never mentioned it though.

• It's not a turn off. It's the toilet's fault and it should be the embarrassed.

He understands the situation. Would he still kiss you if he's turned off? I guess not.

• Men really could not care less about that kind if stuff. In fact as we are generally quite childish we find it funny - largely because we know how embarrassing you ladies find it. That's probably why he mentioned it as well - just to tease you a bit. He probably didn't realize just how mortified you are.

Don't apologize and continue as if it hasn't happened. Whatever is going on, good or bad, the reasons don't involve the contents of your bowel or bladder!

• If I had even the slightest interest in you, I wouldn't care.

• You didn't do anything wrong, so no need to apologies. Secondly, if he gets squeamish of thinking of you dropping a deuce, then he is not the right guy for you!

What Girls Said 2

• I think you are good. I wouldn't expect an apology if I were him :)

• Thats not a deal breaker.. Chill, its not that and there's no need to apologize ..