How to get rid of a lisp?

I have a little lisp. I'm kind of self-conscious about it. I have trouble pronouncing "s" and "th" and "z". People understand me for the most part but sometimes I have to repeat what I'm saying. People tell me it's not really that noticeable, but maybe they're just being nice. I want to get rid of this so I can feel more confident when speaking. I noticed it gets worse when I'm trying to talk when I'm nervous or excited so I've tried to slow down and think about what I'm going to say before I say it. Any other tips to improve my speaking? I don't like repeating myself and I feel like a lot of the time people have to read my lips to understand me.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• When you speak, try to keep your tongue closer to the roof of your mouth.

What Guys Said 2

• I usually miss the "H" at the start of a word and the "G" on the end of an "-ing" word (I'm 'avin' friends over!")

I just speak slower, it's slowly working :D

• Ask to work at ESPN link

What Girls Said 1

• I had one to when I first go a retainer. Try to speak slower and annuciate the letters you have trouble with even more than usual.