How do you say no?

So someone likes you...and you know it...but you don't like them back despite liking their company maybe...how do you let them know without them being deeply upset ...because lets face it...its wrong to lead someone on...

• I tell them straight.
  • I let them know over a few days, by ignoring them and talking to them less
  • I talk to them nicely for a while so they think I like them and then suddenly just stop talking to them
    Vote C
  • I can't do it
    Vote D

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Letting someone know that you see them as a good friend and would not risk that to see if there was more, often becomes enough to let them down gently, because its not a rejection as such, but its enough to let them know that it won't ever be more than just a friendship,x

What Guys Said 2

• Honesty really is best. There's no way to say no without hurting her feelings, but there are ways to be gentle about it.

• Best to tell em straight, blunt, and soon.

What Girls Said 1

• I think A is the best option. When I just notice someone is into me, I ignore it. Not the person, the flirty things. I don't respond to the flirting and I just act normal. When someone actually tells me he's into me and the feelings aren't mutual, I just tell them I think he's a nice guy but things aren't gonna happen between us.