How easy would it be to get the flu again?

So I never get sick but when I do it is usually near death lol..I think I've been sick like 3 times my whole life.The last time was last week. It started New years eve and lasted exactly a week. I was freezing even with the heat on on and turned all the way up, I was coughing, had sore throat, congested and very sleepy. I was so sick I even ended up with a huge fever blister. I didn't go to the DR. because I am single mom who has to go to work and I have no insurance but I'm pretty sure it was the flu. Anyway, since I just got over it I am paranoid lol. I just saw a news article saying the flu is spreading across the U.S. and has caused 7 deaths. Is there a ''thing'' with the flu to where once you've had it it doesn't come back soon or can I easily get it again? Man this crap was horrible.

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, I don't mean to bore you with all of the details but I want you to be aware. The news should stick to reporting the news, not fabricating and manipulating it. causes panic among average people such as ourselves and causes you to feel as if there's a plague sweeping the nation. I am a Fire fighter/Paramedic and I see this every year, flu season starts back, the news hypes up the recorded "death toll" and scares people into thinking that need every shot known to man to save their families. Here's the fact: the anonymous guy said it best; there are many types of flu viruses out there. Just because you put swine before the name and make it sound exotic doesn't make it any more dangerous. You mentioned that you rarely get sick, and when you do its very bad. That is a good thing. You have an amazing immune system that is able to fight off 90% of the bs that floats in the air. My advice to you is: stay healthy, stay fit, eat right and take your A B C D vitamins to help support your body systems. You won't fight off every virus but if you take care of yourself your body will keep fighting off most of them. What the news doesn't tell you is that on average, most of the people that die each year are primarily made up of elderly people with an already weakened immune system. And for god's sake, don't get the shots. Again, I am a fire fighter/paramedic and I refuse the shot every year. Trust your body . We've lived for a very long time without this new shot. And now because people are so scared to get sick they're passing it out like candy without even testing it for side effects.

• yeah, I figured that..I never get shots because I don't want that foreighn crap in my body! we get enough crap eating the food they hormone up for us!

• yea seriously haha. I've learned a lot in medical but one of the most important things is: the stuf that works the best is the stuff that's worked the longest. I just try to stay fit and healthy while backing my system up with vitamins. the media throws this stuff way out of proportion.

What Guys Said 5

• You won't get the same strain of the flu, most likely. But in any given year there are several strans of flu virus circulating around, so take care, wash our hands freqently...

don't read Oprah

and don't look at pictures of Don Trump,...

because all those are disease vectors.

Seriously, theree are several strains again this year. You could well get one of the other strains.

• I heard if there's only one flu going around and you survive it than you can't get it any more because you're immune. not sure how correct that is though.

• Your antibodies learn how to fight off the bacteria, so its less likely to get it again.

• thanks for confirming what I was thinking. :)

• Stay safe, get the flu shot at a local clinic. I have an immune deficiency so I can catch things very easily, but you sound like you have a nice immune system considering you only get sick so rarely.

• Impossible, at least for me

• The flu, like the common cold, is a word we use to describe a whole host of similar viruses.

Influenza viruses, change all the time, and generally speaking each year there will be one particular strain which is the most common. That strain is the one that we make the vaccines for, and try to limit the damage done by.

If you had the flu, you can't catch that particular strain again. But you could, in theory, catch any other strain of flu that happened to be around.

The odds are slim, but not zero.

What Girls Said 0