Language barriers in love, watcha think?

In my last relationship we talked, communicated and express our feelings exclusively in English even though that the fact than English is a second and even third language for us. My mother tongue is Spanish and hers Korean and we live in a German-speaking country (what a clash!). The language never seemed to be the barrier, we broke up for other different reasons than the language, but it would be interesting to know what you guys think about this. Thanks

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like it'd be an interesting experience, nothing against.

What Girls Said 2

• I am from the UK and my boyfriend is Dutch!

And yes there are quite a few problems because of the language barrior also. He is not educated to a high standard but has a very good knoweledge of the language.

He or I often mistake things in a rude way, it all depends on cultures and up bringing also!

Good luck

• I think language barriers in a relationship are only a problem when a person has trouble communicating or opening up in general (even in their native tongue) or when two people are not on the same page in a relationship. If two people love each other they will find a way to communicate that to each other.

What Guys Said 2

• That's interesting. Most people prefer to have lover in their same race because language barriers is too hard to break. However, there are some who's love transcends everything, and they end up with their rewarding romance.

• I would never want a girl who doesn't speak my mother tongue which is Chinese