Why would a guy say you're scary?

The other day, a collegue of mine showed up, said hi to me like he always does, in a kind of flirty manner. Then he's mumbling on about something and then, out of the blue, he says "Sometimes.. or... I think.. you're a little scary.."

Completely baffled me. I couldn't see it coming at all.

First of all, I wouldn't say I'm a scary person, I'm sweet, happy, and laughing, and we've been joking around a lot. Second of all, this guy is normally a very confident "king of the world" kinda type who has pretty much everything going for him. He's also a lot older.

WTF? Enlighten me, please.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm older now but when I was younger, I went for the athletic type (swimmers, gymnasts, runners). As I got older and female bodybuilders came on the scene, Honestly I didn't like it and at same time I didn't know WHY (scary)? I couldn't go along with the argument against it but yet if I just let myself go, then YES I could be a distant observer, but nothing closer than "distant". After 1999 the girls started building serious muscle resulting in my "distant" growing father apart, but yet I couldn't define why. Honestly on one hand I felt threatened and being intruded upon, so I took the stand, "they want to be more like men rather than women" attitude. But you wanna know the real bottom line? I was afraid of being less, I was realizing that my ego was at stake here but I couldn't handle it and I didn't want to talk about it. (scary) On one hand I HATED it, but again when I just let it be, I found a respect for the accomplish that most men would never achieve in a life time! Yes, I understand the "steroid" issue but lets be honest here, when did bigger, faster, stronger not be part of the equation regardless of gender? Truth or Dare, you can't deny some girls in their 50s today 2012 (scary) could shame a man on a stage if they took a mind to! Maybe they are users, but so are the guys. We can call'm names all we want, freaks, weirdos, yada yada yada, but at the end of the workout, they have carved a path in the Gym that was once a "Men only Club". Personally, I would never put myself in harms way and allow myself to deal with all the emotion, working out is hard enough and I'm sure the girls agree. To each there own. Female bodybuilders will eventually become acceptable just like everything does in society. Nothing surprises me anymore, I believe for shear entertainment sake that we will see the 200+ pound razor sharp women step on stage and call out a competitive middle weigh male to compare shots for the admirers. It will be pandemonium, the crowd will go NUTS. She'll be cool not be arrogant just sure of herself and the crowd will FEEL It.

What Guys Said 3

• You would be surprised but many of us older guys are set in our ways and when we come across some young thing that is confident it's kinda scary. I'm going through a situation now, where the daughter of the mother has really thrown a wrench into the relationship. The daughter is half my age and very aggressive. It's very scary! The daughter is very coe and is not affraid of getting in your face. Personally, I would never lead her on, In some ways I can respect her protective attitude toward her mom, because her dad was such a jerk. The problem I have is she can intimidate me and I'm pretty sure she knows it. I keep my peace around her. She knows I'm not going to go running to her mom to get my wounds licked and ego refreshed, Personally I have no clue where to start the conversation. It's just not easy to deal with, but YES younger girls can be scary.

• maybe you are one of those crazy girls guys talk about.

• Wel your name is the scientist so maybe you have a mad scientist look and attitude going for you ;p

• Well, I definitely don't look like a scientist, of any sort I'll tell you that ;)

However I'm not stupid, and he knows that. But on the other hand, his knowledge and skills faaaar far far surpasses mine, and I'm actually quite humbled by it.

• Maybe he's just nervous around good looking girls so he's scared of saying something to make himself look really stupid and embarrassed. That's all I can think of lol :p

What Girls Said 1

• Idk. Ask him what he meant by that.

• I did. Couldn't get an answer out of him... He just laughed a little nervously, and then changed the subject...

• then I say forget about it...and only mention it when you guys are joking...say it jokingly then try to change it into a real conversation and see what he says. If he's that much older then he certainly shouldn't be acting so child-like.