What is your thoughts on someone who says "men are all the same" or "women are all the same"

I'm originally from Louisville and I have a guy friend on face book that posted "all Louisville chicks are the same" I just believe this is such a close minded statement for someone to say. What is your thoughts on this subject in general and what would your response be to this status

everyone has good valid points thank you guys and girls for commenting!

626

Most Helpful Guy

• People will say just about anything when they're feeling bitter

What Guys Said 25

• To me, this is a shallow inexperienced comment to make, because every girl has her own unique way and so do us guys, so to think or believe that this statement was ever thought through is inexperienced and very shallow,x

• It's a passive aggressive cry for help. He is hoping that someone comes out and proves him wrong.

• It says more about the person saying it than it does about people in general.

To some extent, a lot of women are very much alike: influenced by the same pop culture, same generation of parents, same styles and fashions, same groups of guys pursuing them.

A lot of guys are the same: same male role models, same education, same job opportunities, same interests and hobbies...

Emotionally, psychologically, experentially we are all, of course, very unique.

But, we do often strive to be more like some idealized "guy" or "girl" and it makes sense that we end up all seeming the same.

• One of my best friends is like that, because of one pretty awful relationship. I find it really frustrating, because when questioned by me or her other best friend she admits I'm not like that, and that several other guys she knows aren't like that, but she's rejected guys, refused to date, refused to even talk to guys in clubs for two years because of this. And she hates being single, so it drives me nuts because she's just making herself feel worse. All you can do is be patient and try to she them they're wrong through your actions. Hope this helps!

• been hurt by two similar people

• In my opinion that is so stupid to think that way...just because you've been hurt by similar people doesn't men the entire population is that way, but I guess I can understand why someone can think that way but I just believe it's very close minded

• well. I could say "all woman can't rive well", because I have never been in a car with a woman who proved herself not a bad driver. I could say "Woman choose who they love" because I feel all the women I've dated have chosen to deny their feelings. This doesn't make them true, just convieniant things to say

• IMo those statements are said out of short-mindedness and frustration in the dating world.

• I think "bitter" or perhaps they're making a joke.

• Bitter and not thinking straight. If you make any generalisations about gender, race, age etc then that ain't good!

• Many of the bad ones are the same.

• It's not exactly the best statement to say, but it IS based off his experience! Everybody makes a statement based off their own experiences, so can you really blame him for making that statement? It's wrong to make thiz statement as he did, but he has his reasons!

Actually, MOST men and women ARE the same! Not ALL, but most!

• Maybe they're angry or upset.

They're close, though, IMO. They're not the same, but similarities exist.

• it's all true.

• there are always exceptions, and everyone is unique and all with their own hobbies etc

but MOST girls are the same and MOST guys are the same. in a lot of ways,

• My thoughts on someone who thinks that? Usually means they're correct :)

Most men are all the same.

Most women are all the same...

• It is a shallow statement.

• thats like saying all frat guys are the same all athletes are the same

tim tebow is like the nicest guy ever unlike some athletes.

we all know some really great frat guys that have it all and yet are the nicest people in the world

• They're ignorant and stupid.

• men are same cause of d***s

• lol exactly and you think with your d***s too lol just kidding!

• I think people who say that are all the same.

• They're idiots.

• he is in frustration ...but I do believe girls thinking power is too low

• Bitter, has baggage, doesn't learn and has developed learned behavior

• It's one of those mindless sayings people say w/o even thinking of what they are actually saying, usually directed to a particular person when they're pissed at them. If they were from Florida, then all girls from Florida would be the same.

• Plain ignorance. I can't stand when girls say that sh*t.

• I'm not even sure what that would mean? What are Louisville girls even like in general?

• Point exactly! but of course you wouldn't know because you're not from louisville but I'm just asking for people to comment in general take louisville out of the statement and just put your city instead. I'm just going by what this guy said on my friendlist I just wanted others thoughts on this subject in general

• Got me. Are girls from there have a reputation of being slutty, drunk or something or other negative? By being all the "same" it sounds like the guys who agree with that aren't too crazy about whatever the culture does to girls there, or that's how they see it.

What Girls Said 6

• Thats like saying all the stars in the universe are the same. all the music in the world is the same, all the clothes in the store are the same.

thats like saying all guys are the same.

horribly HORRIBLY wrong. no one person is the same.

its hard to find people who have a completely open mind. remember that.

• It's almost always an entitled beta guy preaching of the "friend zone" or a girl who's stupidly dating similar people and the same thing keeps happening to her.

To prove the theory wrong: If all women (or men but I'm using women as the example) are the same, explain to me how similar Hillary Clinton and Beyonce are. I dare you.

• I think they are narrow-minded morons who only focus on one type of people, and then assume the rest of the world is like that.

• i've used both of those statements, but I usually use it in a general sort of way. I know there is always the few that do not fit the usual stereotype

• "Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." - MLK Jr.

It's easier to become bitter than to retain hopefulness. People also express bitterness as a means to justify their romantic failures.

"It's not me, it's every woman in Louisville." Silly, huh?

• Wish I was able to have to best answers very well put

• Thank you :-)

• Plain ignorance. I can't stand when guys say that sh*t.