Do guys say they want more just to make themselves feel better?

When a guy, on more than one occasion has specified not wanting a relationship and just wanting to hook up several times and then at the last moment saying that he want more than just a hook up, does he do it to make himself feel better?

• Yes, I don't want to feel like a jerk
  • No, I genuinly would want more
  • I don't know, I just say it.
    Vote C

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh if he was cheating then he probably just does it because he's a jerk. He only thinks about himself, so yes he wants only to make himself feel superior

What Guys Said 4

• Depends. I don't think any guy will really say it to make themselves feel better in that they feel shame for it or they are bothered by leading the girl on, but probably cause they want to lead those girls on. But many other guys really say it and mean it.

Put it this way, if a guy wants more, but is hesitant, it's a good bet he wants more, but is conflicted. If a guy doesn't want more, he won't say it. If a jerk says it, he doesn't say it to feel better, but to keep using the girl.

But maybe people shouldn't just hook up so easily anyways.

• Depends on how his previous relationships went, maybe he wants practice or maybe he just wants to enjoy meeting and experiencing new women

• well, as far as I know, this guy's previous relationship was a little complicated on again off gaain,c heating during kind of relatinship... so what could that mean?

• If a guy sees that you are good in bed then, he'll want to be with you becasue sex is good.

• Don't know, sometimes my feelings change. It is just how I feel at the moment.

What Girls Said 1

• I think they say that to make themselves look better in your eyes.

They think you're more likely to hook up if you believe he wants more...regardless of whether or not he actually does