Was I wrong to feel offended when she said i was a stalker and then told me it was a joke?

I was on this website (I won't name it), and I saw my friends live feed. I told her, "so you're good girl who does bad things huh." She says, "haha do you always look at my live feed" I said, "Lol I can't help but to see it." She said, "haha yeah right stalker :P" Offended & mad, I responded, Stalker? All right then, I'll leave you alone then smh." She ended the conversation by saying, "Dude, take a joke. Don't be so serious." Was I wrong to be offended by this? You can't be nice to a girl without being labeled a bad guy anymore!

45

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like to be thought of as a stalker but casually being called one when she doesn't actually think you are is ok

• Still wasn't funny to me, if that's how it is I won't talk to her again.

• personally I can see where you're coming from. I don't like when girls view me as a stalker/creep

What Girls Said 4

• Seems like you were looking for someone to validate your response, by the way you argue with everyone pointing at the logic. Fact is, you're taking it too seriously, is there a reason you're so defensive on the matter. What principle do you feel you're validating by defending it? Why do you consider being even humorously referred to a stalker to be completely inappropriate? What causes you such discomfort?

• I don't want a woman calling me that, I will never stalk a woman and It's very offensive to me. If she has a problem with that. She can stop being my friend!

• That was easily a joke...and guys think girls get offended easily, just chill out.

• Not to me it wasn't, I don't like being called a stalker. Even if it was playfully, I don't want a girl calling me that.

• If you didn't care what any woman says to you, you wouldn't be having such a hissyfit about a joke. I don't need to insult the guys I know...they can all take a joke.

• I'm blocking you

• Well the smiley face and context spells out that she was just being sarcastic. Sorry you took it so hard.

Hope that helps - A

• It was a joke

What Guys Said 4

• Goddam. The nice guys finish last is really your bread and butter isn't it. She was f***ing with you. Good natured jesting. Chill out man.

• Yes, you're wrong to feel offended. It's clear that she's just teasing you. Take all things easy, Bornnardmt. Girls always want to have fun and they don't take things seriously.

• I'm a serious person, there are some things you just don't joke about. This was one of them!

• Stalking is not something to joke about.

• I think with "haha" preceding it and the use of :P after it, it should have tipped you off that she was kidding with you.

• She still shouldn't have said that, being called a stalker isn't cool.