Say you know you can't be with someone, how do you get them off your mind

Say you know for whatever reason, the person you like it's not even possible that you're going to be together with them, how do you stop thinking about someone, when they're on your mind?

107

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't stop. the only smart thing to do is to stay away. don't talk to that person, don't see him or her if you can avoid it. don't talk or text. try to think of negative things about the other person. it's hard at first but usually within even a few weeks you should feel better.

i dated this guy for 3 months, it was a casual thing, we stopped but then we sort of picked up again except he wouldn't be as attentive with me anymore, he used to make me feel special and desired but then I started to just feel like his option and I felt even worse than the first time I left him. he kind of left me now with no warning or reason I haven't heard from him in over a week and this isn't the first time he has done it. I am not so happy but being mad at him and not talking to him made me stop liking him and now I don't like him anymore.

What Girls Said 9

• Talk to them, as humiliating as it might seem, confess your feelings because despite any situation, they might feel the same and not know how to admit it.

I got over my ex when someone better, brighter and absolutely amazing decided to single me out. So go places where you would meet new people, people who share similar interests, never know, might find the missing piece to the puzzle.

• Find and meet new people, do activities.

• You can't really get them out of your mind. But to help, you can talk to other people to occupy your mind. You'll eventually get over it. It might hurt now, but it will be fine later

• getting a crush in somebody else. :\

• You can't just stop the feeling. You need to keep yourself really busy and just live your life and enjoy the present moment. Only time will erase and bury that thought of wanting to be with that person.

• tell them how you feel - get it out of your system. If there's a bad response cut ALL contact - no texts/calls and especially delete them off all social networks otherwise you will never move on if you always hear what they're up to and see photos, etc..

• 1.) confront the situation with them, give an ultimatum to be or not to be with them, get an answer whether they like you or not

2.) if the answer is yes, they do like you, then date and go out, see if you're really compatible or not, dating is really experimenting, you're not signing up to get married, you're just spending time together getting to know each other, and you discover what you want in a life partner, you figure out if you truly have feelings for that person or not. you will always wonder just like you're wondering now until you actually DATE the person and get a feel for what they're like.

3.) find someone better. not just anyone else, but better. until you don't meet someone else compatible with you and better than her, then you won't get them off your mind. ugly truth.

• In my experience there's no quick fix. Sorry.

You just have to get on with your life and in time you'll stop thinking of them so much.

• By getting out and meeting new people

What Guys Said 7

• Taking action is scary... making the decision to push someone away is scary and maybe painful.

But isn't taking control of your life, it's path, and your own thoughts, part of what it means to becoming a "man"? BOYS seek distractions and nightly fantasies... they seek inaction.

MEN seek action. They challenge personal fears and pain - like letting someone go.

It's the hard pains of doing what's right for you that makes your journey yours... and leaves you with self esteem and confidence, instead of limp with regret.

Letting go of someone is hard and it requires courage and inner guts and self awareness.

And that's what you should be doing.

That's what gives you the power to let go of the NEXT person, place, job, object, or friend who's holding you back from perusing your purpose, your passions, your career, etc.

Letting go is a personal journey that YOU have to choose to do... there's no quick escape from the challenge of controlling your own thoughts.

You just have to do it. Each day. Until she's no longer your focus.

And seeking your passions and facing your life challenges are a great distraction from a girl like this, who is herself a distraction... like TV, or Facebook, or p*rn. Distractions that lead you nowhere and leave you sterile.

Seek your purpose, your passions, and distractions like her will fade into a distant memory, replaced by personal pride that comes from new battles... the challenges that bring you step by step closer to what you really want to bring to this world - what ever your purpose might be.

:)

~ Robby

My Blog ( link

• Find someone else. Not as hard as most think. In reality everyone has more than one soul mate the only differences is timing.

• When you find someone better that's when they go off your mind.

• Either cut all contact and keep yourself busy 24/7 for a good 2 weeks, or keep talking to her and hope you lose attraction for her steadily (thats risky though cause she can change in the better and then you'll like her even more). Sorry m8 no easy fix.

• come back and see if you still think the same after you have slept with 10 girls as hot as that one.

• I knowmit may sound strange but, I think playing world of warcraft and drinking alchohol would really help

• In the short term, lots of alcohol. After tht, just accept reality and don't let it get you down.