How do you feel about demonic possession? I think it's very real

I come from a culture where things like voodoo doctors, witch doctors, psychics, Black Magik artists, prophesiers, and gypsies are as common as the white jock at your local Abercrombie and Fitch store, black guy at your local barbershop, Indian guy at your local Dunkin Donuts and Chinese woman at your local pedicure spa center in your local mall filled with teenage workers with mid 20s good for nothing managers with pedophilia. But I digress.

In my culture, demonic possession is as common as the weeds in your lawn that Hispanic people eradicate with high efficiency in the summer time. In my culture, boys going through puberty having to fight vicious baby tigers for manhood rites is very common and I have a tiger tooth necklace to prove it. What does every one thing of demonic possession? Have you witnessed anyone like this? Heard a story? At a church in my neighborhood a cross kept hanging up side down no matter how much we tried to hold it up right, it kept going upside down like it was being forced to by some invisible force.

every one think*
"I'm just saying, with that thing you got in your hair, you just look like someone that works at my local Burritoville, that's all I'm saying. Don't worry, if I saw someone like you serving me at El Burrito Loco I would probably compliment how bonita you look and leave couple of pesos as a tip, so you can buy some baby formula at your local bodega. 14 year old teenage Hispanic girls with three little ninos need some money for diapers, your 6 dollar an hour job ain't gon cut it."

410

Most Helpful Guy

• Demons are real. I've seen them and heard them. They are... very real and very evil. I have seen cabinets open themselves, a man speak in Latin when he didn't know it, a mirror break itself and even a radio turn itself on. All in one house.

To be totally honest, I don't believe in God. Even across another continent, I still dream horrible things and I know that there is a presence within me. It sounds insane, but I can always hear it. It's always whispering negative thoughts and violent ambitions. The best thing you can do, friend, is to ignore that thing. People need to be made aware that these things exist, whether they are religion related or not.

For my part I cannot believe in a God that would do this to people.

What Girls Said 4

• I believe in its possibility but I also believe that the vast majority of the time it's faked or rooted in something else.

• true, like "inner demons"

• It's only real to the people who want it to be

• wow, that's deep, thanks, when you don't freak out, the demons go away

• lmao "In my culture, demonic possession is as common as the weeds in your lawn that Hispanic people eradicate with high efficiency in the summer time."

I don't believe in demonic possession... BUT... I'm scared of it. lol The exorcist scares the sh*t out of me. I can't watch the whole thing.

In this documentary there's a woman named Gretchen who has DID. She has an alter who claims to be a demon. https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=B0LNyXsErb8 (It's pretty interesting. Many people believe that "possession" is a result of mental illness.)

• i belive in it yeah but I don't know that witch doctors and things really have any influence over what the devil does. just like you can't control god. also I think you're racist and full of sh*t

• What's your race? Are you Hispanic? Lots of Hispanic people put flowers in their hair, its like a fad for you people to do that.

• You know what, on closer inspection, that purple flower in your hair actually looks like its part of the wall in the background, my apologies.

• are you really like this?

What Guys Said 9

• "In my culture, demonic possession is as common as the weeds in your lawn..."

I think that sentence pretty well explains it all. In my culture there are no "demons", and it makes no sense that demons would care what culture they inhabit.

• Just another name for mental illness.

There are no such things as demons, and evil spirits, they are all a figment of the human imagination.

• I don't think that you'll find many people who are willing to speak on this subject. Most people will shoot down your curiosity & write you off as paranoid/mentally soft. Keep in mind that occult = hidden. You're going to have to REALLY dig to find reputable answers because most people who talk on this subject have a business angle & are primarily out to make money. Russ Dizdar has had some interesting ideas, but now seems to go off on tangents. I suggest listening to some of his earlier stuff. Read, read, read & don't get hung up on one source.

• AW baby tigers!

Anywho no don't think it's real :D

• Demonic possession is what primitives used to call anything from epilepsy to tourettes.

Surely we've moved beyond that?

• You say this as though you come from a third world country. . . Where the hell do you live that has a witch doctor and an Abercrombie and Fitch store?

• Have you ever really thought all these dark arts could have just been really nice tricks ? For example take the Robert D Juniors Sherlock Holmes one . It clearly shows how a man with much intelligence and planning could make himself look like a sorcerer .

Besides back then nobody really went to argue or question with anybody who claimed they were a witch . They were simply too scared.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it -Hitler-

• Unfortnately my parents grew up in the third world country and they also believe nonsense like this.

I can tell you none of it is true. It's never been documented, but people like to believe it because of movies, they figure if they stop believing then movies won't be scary anymore.

• No such thing as demonic possession or even demons for that matter. It's just a superstition that people created in ancient times before we understood what mental illness was.