Why is sexism considered strictly male?

Why is sexism considered by so many to be strictly male? Why is it that nobody ever seems to call it in women? Some girls can do or say some pretty horrible stuff, but nobody says or does anything. Like they think this is all perfectly acceptable. Why? Why is sexist hatred toward men so socially acceptable?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is all about what each gender believe about itself.

Men .. at least most of them , believe that they are stronger emotionally... they believe that they are more sensible and resilient... they also believe that women are too emotional , more vulnerable and sometimes not as rational as men ... thus... men do believe that it is inevitable that women would have emotional outbursts more often than men .. and trying to change that is futile . They also believe that they can handle such sexism on their own and that women won't be able to gang up against them and harm their existence. A man is not threatened by a woman calling another man a pig because if that pig dies tomorrow.. the man is not insecure about his existence ... basically men are confident women can't harm them , career wise, money wise, success wise , or over power them physically.

Women... at least most of them , do believe deep down inside , that they are more vulnerable than men, that life has dealt them an unfair set of cards ( pregnancy , physical weakness, periods etc) so even though they want to be equal .. they can see from a historical point of view how men ganged up and created a male dominated society... as they believe they are vulnerable.. women tend to feel solidarity more .. and will not be OK if a man call another woman a bitch .. because she will envision herself in her shoes and will feel threatened .. no matter how much this man has a point.. the feeling of threat from this stronger gender will push her to even at least think to side with the other woman a bit .. because she is ''not'' confident that the other gender will uphold her rights as a woman .. she is not confident that her career is safe or that money is available or that she can be physically protected ..

Bascially... women have more like a collective defence treaty hehe... while men are more like solo vagabonds

Ofcourse what I wrote above may be not 100% accurate for all men and women.. but what is important for ladies to know is that men are not really out there to get them , most men don't have any bitterness against women.. more like they are actually clueless about women lol ... however men do hate bitter women .. extreme feminists who make the relationship end like a gender war.. I wouldn't touch a lady like that with a mile long pole.. even if she is Miss Universe... men these days are having hard time decoding the modern day woman.. women are pushing the bar higher for men and men must find their place in an increasingly changing world . So a smart lady would know when to stand her ground and when to accept her man's imperfections.. it is all about balance , bring witty and compromise.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Its the same idea of why racism is okay. Whatever group that was oppressed, and there is still lingering oppression, usually has the societal okay to be prejudice against the original hating group. The only problem with this is that a vast majority of the male directed sexism is directed toward all men instead of the ones actually oppressing, which in turn will cause a cycle to happen. Men say horrible things about women which causes angry women to say horrible things about men which causes angry men to say horrible things about women and so on and so on. Its not right at all, but honestly I don't see this cycle stopping anywhere in the near future

1|3
    0|0
  • It's because of feminism - it's perfectly acceptable to call men mindless horndogs, pigs, useless and so on..

..but it's not acceptable to say anything bad about women, because if someone does, that person will be bashed by both men and women, but those who say bad things about men might be bashed only by some men.

0|6
    3|1
  • Because nazi-Feminism is the new religion. Because nowadays it's men who are oppressed. But that's taboo to say under the feminist regime, were it's always men men men who are sh*te. We are pigs, rapist, killers, perverts, ignorant, primitive etc. Most women nowdays do not want equality, they want supremacy, and they are getting their ways, with men complacent. And men will be more and more comlacent, possibly, as from the day we are born effectively we are brainwashed that we are defective and unless we are more like women we are all potential rapist and mass murderers. Why men kill themselves at a rate 3 to 4 times greater than women? Why are men dropping out from school and it's apparently 20 years now there are more women getting degrees than men? Why are men failing so miserably? Because we are STUPID and incapable of dealing with the fact that women are emancipated and not our inferiors.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because society feels that when women mate men it's justified since women were oppressed for so long, even though they nor longer are. Most of it just goes unnoticed. Pretty sad.

1|2
    1|0
    • Basically this. Women have been oppressed in the past as opposed to men.

• Show All
    • Yeah this

• Because women get away with playing the sexist card a lot easier than men do. It could also be considered unmanly in some circumstances to complain about sexism.

0|2
    1|0
  • In my opinion it's because women were treated as the lesser sex for so long, that society seems to accept the attitude that women can talk sh*t about men. Mostly it's seen as something to laugh at, rarely is it seen as something to be concerned about.

0|0
    0|0
    • I disagree, maybe some years ago, but now it's because women are proving they really equal to men, they are just as sh*t and greedy for power and dominance. Have you ever thought that women say they are equal to men, but say so only when it comes to the good stuff? The bad stuff instead only men, or mostly, are capable of oding and they are the virgin marys ready to go to heaven?

• Carlo, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I was only trying to point out that I believe part of the reason society is more accepting of sexism from females, is because they were treated as the lesser gender for so much of human history.

• Because feminism (which started out as a movement for gender equality) overreached and now they primarily concern themselves with identity politics and revenge. They see men as irredeemable beasts who do not deserve sympathy.

0|3
    1|1
  • yeah what I hate more is that taking responsibility is always or usually seen as a masculine thing in life

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of sexism xD.

0|0
    0|0
    • True. A lot of other groups have been oppressed in the past. But she's talking man vs woman.

• Double standard.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• You're completely dead on the money here. Sadly, a lot of women try and counteract sexism by pointing their fingers at men. If a guy turns to his guy friends and says "typical woman", every female in a block radius gets pissed off. If a girl turns to her girl friends and says "typical men", everyone laughs and has a great time. It's a sucky situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women have been oppressed in the past as opposed to men. Doesn't make it right to oppress men though. A lot of people have this, "we must be kind to women" syndrome.

The only time a woman needs special treatment is when she's pregnant.

There you go, I answered it.

0|1
    0|1
  • I think its similar to how racism is a strictly white thing. It isn't fair, doesn't make sense, but because women are considered the underdog, bad treatment of males is accepted.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never heard of sexism being a pure male thing. There are tons of sexist women out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see sexism coming from both men and women. I have no patience for any of it.

1|1
    0|1
Loading... ;