Do people really use this site like it says?

i mean of course the site says girlsask guys but do you evertake the advice and take it back to the relationship...or what ever your problems are

true

55

Most Helpful Girl

• I take their advice

a. if I agree with it

b. if possible. There are some situations when people's advice just isn't possible to take :)

It is a great place for advice, however, some people take advice and then use it against someone. It's you who has to deal with the consequences, it's all well and good for someone to tell something but you have to live with it, so you must agree with it :)

What Girls Said 4

• Yes.

It's just like talking to your friends about stuff, but without all the built in bias..

Sometimes its good, sometimes bad, sometimes pointless..

but you take what you can and use or incorporate it...

Also depends on the Q's you ask...

I often ask stuff to see how people think, or see society/world we live in...

• Sometimes. I mean I take everything with a grain of salt, realizing that this is indeed the internet and not God's law but I've been given some very good advice on here before that I have used.

• I listen to what other have to say and yes I do take thei advice

• I use it more as a source of suggestions.

What Guys Said 5

• It's more of getting a second opinion on subjects or life drama's by strangers who are likely to give you an honest and straight forward answer, because they don't know you, which can be good.

It can feel judgmental sometimes, but that's what an opinion is in the first place.

You might not always agree with the opinion, but that's how it is in real life also. I find it more emotionally safe because you can ask and answer anonymously which gives you a secure feeling of privacy.

There is no guarantee that all questions will be answered or answered well, but you will just have to live with this fact.

• well, it could be used for that, but unfortunately most answers tend to be mere judgements of the character of the question asker.

Like, hypothetically, if I asked something like "how do I cheat on my girlfriend?" most people would, at best say "don't do it!" but some would even take the opportunity to list a few criticisms of cheaters in general, and would further assume those criticisms describe me perfectly. However, no one would actually answer the question.

• Well I have yet to ask anything that I could directly relate to my life, because I don't really have any problem that I need help with. But if I ever happen to ask for advice in here, I'd do the same as lilstrwberygal, take the advice and opinions with a grain of salt like I take every opinion and advice I get in real life as well.

• I haven't found the right answers to my questions yet honestly.

• I have taken good advice and used it a few times...actually many times. This site has some good people regardless of the idiots here.