Are you willing to share bath water?

We're experiencing the worst drought in years here, and new water restrictions are on the way soon.

One way to avoid overage charges or citations would be to share bath water. Now, I'm not talking about taking a shower/bath WITH someone. I mean taking your bath, getting out, and someone else getting in after, using the water you just washed in.

For the sake of the question, let's just say showering isn't an option.

Would you be willing to do this?

• Yes, I have no issues with it.
  • Yes, but I'd be slightly grossed out.
  • No, the idea repulses me.
    Vote C

2113

Most Helpful Guy

• That seems too gross for me. I could do it with a girlfriend maybe but not friends or family. I would figure out other ways to save water or either just pay the extra charges.

I actually did bath in a lake with friends this summer but that was a big lake, we brought soap and shampoo down there and bathed because we were all on a camping trip in the woods and had no shower.

You are really that low on water down there? I'm up in Minnesota and have heard nothing of a water shortage down south.

• Our lake levels are at about 40% right now.

I brought up this question only because of a conversation last night. I live alone, so I won't actually have to worry about it. But when my mom mentioned it, I said "Gross!" And she called me a sissy for thinking it's gross. So I thought I'd test the waters, so to speak, and see if I was, in fact, a sissy or if I was actually in the majority, haha!

• Ewww lol, tell your mom she can be 2nd in the water then! I guess it depends on how desperate for a bath I was. If it was some doomsday scenario and there was only so much water then yeah I would rather bath than not but ewww that's still gross. And the water would get cold too!

What Guys Said 12

• Ewwww that's so gross! That's like stewing in someone's filth! I'd sooner drive to a pond and bring soap and shampoo before doing that..

• That would have the last persons stink of the day in it... just noooooo

• hahahaha

• HAHA yes! That cracks me up too.

• I'd rather just take a shower with someone. Not a big fan of sitting in a tub of my own broth, let alone someone else's.

• I don't think I could bring myself to do that.

I would think two low pressure showers would use significantly less water than a single bath anyway though. I could be wrong.

• Would you get in a bath tub of water after a dirty ass liberal used it for a million dollars? :P

• Oh HELL no! There are lines I won't cross for any price. lol.

• Id rather wash in a lake or river after dark. And bring some shampoo and soap with me.

• Nope. I don't take baths and I'm in the shower less then 5 minutes. The people that waste a lot of water can bath in someone else's dirty water.

• I hardly ever shower or bathe anyway

• You sir are well on your way to getting laid

• lol I have other things to attend to at the time being.

• I had to bathe WITH siblings until I was like 10 to "save water".. no fun

• I grew up with 4 siblings, there wasn't enough hot water for everyone so we always did that, all 5 of us took turns going in the bath. I always thought it was normal... The worst is when you're last and the water is filthy and freezing and the towel is soaked.. I always hated bath time

• Hell no!

• I would let someone use my used water but unless Jessica Alba moves in with me this just ain't gonna happen

• Only if it's a hot girl's water that I'll be sharing.

• That is still gross

• hahahaha

• bathing everyday is just a waste of water. it's not like I play football everyday or splash in the mud all the time.

• Yeah sure why not. I mean as long as no one is shaving their pubes off or something!

• Well, that would happen at some point, haha!

But people *might* do that outside the tub if they know they're sharing. They MIGHT :-P hahaha

• Floating pubes are a no-no, unless they're attached to her body. LOL.

What Girls Said 21

• Nope. And why use a bath if there's a drought? Since shower is out of option, another thing which can be done is to have baths with buckets and mugs. That way you won't be wasting as much water as you would normally waste while having a bath and the other person doesn't need to use your bath water.

• With: Yesh

First: Yes

Second: um.. no.

• Ew. I think that would be gross. I would not bathe after someone else used it.

But if there are ever any takers, someone can use my water after I'm done.

• if you did it the way the japanese do it's fine. I had to in japan and it was nice :) do your washing out of a little bowl,rinse off then get in a shared thing of water after

• No I don't take baths anyways: you're just sitting in your own filth the whole time. Baths are gross in and of themselves so why would I share bath water with someone. I double up on showers with my guy all the time but using his dirty water or me using his for a tub is disgusting.

• If I had to, sure. But we would have to take turns on who goes first

• NO. I don't want to bathe in your FILTH!

• Nope. I shower and bathe with my boyfriend to save water, but given that's not an option, still nope.

• F*** no there are other people's germs in that water!

• eww... do you know what kind of germs are in that water? Taking a bath is to get cleaner not dirtier. Besides, taking a shower uses less water.

• It makes very little sense seeing that I would be bathing in dirty water. But I suppose it's better than just living in filth.

• B

I would if I HAD to but would be extremely grossed out. I would go first ^.^

I love the river idea, I'd do that too hahaha.

• No

• No, might as well take a shower, it's a lot cleaner and you use less water.

• Maybe but I don't think I could really do that

• Slightly* yeah, right.i would HATE TO

• No. Never.

• B.It wouldn't be my number one choice but I'd get over it. Its something we had to do when I was a kid. We didn't have running water until I was 8/9 and I'm the youngest of five. If its a necessity you get on with it. I love the way everyone says they'd bathe in a lake/river - if there's a serious drought, there isn't going to be much of a lake/river and using it to bathe it isn't going to be top priority or probably allowed. And if you think about how sewage systems work the water in the lake/river isn't going to be too clean in a drought

• Well...I mean back in the day when people had to boil the water on the stove and pour each bucket of water into the tub since there was no indoor plumbing it was fairly common, so it couldn't be that bad. The other option would be to alternate days a person could bathe to save water. Say if both person A and person B are both used to bathing daily, they could both change that to bathing every other day and use half as much water as before. Person A would bathe on even days and Person B would on odd days. I think that would probably be more effective than the alternative.

• To be honest- I'd far rather just bath with someone. I know that sounds weird, but I'd think a lot less about how gross it was for one of us to rinse off all our dirt and the other person then bathe in that dirt. Also, seems more fair that way. Of course, it's a bit of an awkward situation anyway, right? I can only think of a very select few people I'd be cool doing that with (my boyfriend, my sister, my best friend), so I see where you're coming from.

What about using the bath water for other things- like washing the floor or clothes? And you could also do the whole cup-wash thing where you use a minimal amount of water to wash your body with so nobody has to share...

• Hell no F*** that