Hibernating boyfriend

My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years. At the beginning of our relationship he was ideal - romantic gestures, sex was incredible, I felt like I was the only girl he would pay attention to. Recently, he has become more and more distant. Talking to him (including small talk) is like pulling teeth. He doesn't call me pretty or sexy anymore and sometimes I can't even keep him hard while we are having sex. In any other situation I would get the hint and move on, but what's weird is that occasionally (once or twice a year) he'll do something extremely sweet an example being - my camera was stolen in October and he bought me a new one for Christmas (amounting to over $1,500). I guess my question is what can I do to get him back to the way he used to be. every time I ask him he insists that there's nothing wrong, but clearly, there is. When I point out specific examples he says that this is what happens in every normal relationship - but I don't believe that. Is he just uninterested, should I move on, or is there anything I can do?

02

What Guys Said 2

• Although I'm sure it's annoying I think this is pretty normal. As guys we sorta get bored in relationships. Once we're comfortable with a girl and there's no need to pursue her then it's just natural that we don't try as hard and things can become very routine. So the biggest thing is just trying to figure out ways to keep the relationship interesting...go to new places together, try out new things (sexual and just regular stuff)...just try to keep things fresh and don't allow him to get too comfortable/lazy. And also...continue to be open & honest with him about it, that's probably the most important thing.

• If he can't stay hard. Move on. That is not what happens in normal relationships. Sex should be just as good as the last every time. He is getting lazy in all ways.

What Girls Said 0