If you won the lottery what would you first do with the money?

if you won a lot of money lets say 150 million after taxes what would you first do? me personally I would hold off as long as I could without anyone knowing at least anyone that knows me personally. I think it would be kind of fun to see how long you could go without people finding out. Sorry if this sounds like a a**hole thing to say but I wouldn't give out lots of money to people that ask for it either because they lost their job and will lose their house etc.. I didn't give you money before I'm not giving you money now. I would only give people money that have had a huge impact on my life. I would wait until one of my parents birthday and let them know by paying off all their bills and mortgage. Let them move back to family where I know they want to be but can't because of their jobs. Pay for a new home for them and new cars. I would finish up college get my degree. once done I would get my own place something nice but not huge and a couple cars a range rover, ferrari 458 and some nice luxury sedan like a bmw 5 or 7 series or audi s7. And can't forget a growing my sneaker collection. lots of sneakers all the releases I wish I could get along with the sneakers I could never afford like sample pairs that rang in the $5000 range. Only one house and manageable amount of cars. wouldn't want to be the guy who wins a ton of money and 2 years later bankrupt because he can't pay the taxes and insurance and upkeep for all the purchases.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• well I have some people I wouldn't give money to (I could always get them groceries every week for the rest of her life, but not money - because they will spend it all in senseless stuff, live luxuously for a month and come beg for more),

If I won it, I would surely not be able to keep it from my parents xD

I would finish my degree and probably get one in baking and hopefully in the future open a bakery shop. would buy new cloths and shoes (just stereotyping females xD) and a car for my own (I would be fine with a Ford Fiesta) and probably an apartment. I would help my parents paying all their bills and give them new cars too and new home devices (such as dishwasher, washing machine, tv) and travel...

What Girls Said 3

• I would build the house of my dreams and move in. Give money to my church and the animal shelter.

Set up a small animal rescue and emergency response team. Buy my granny a machine to do her dialysis at home and provide her with a good nurse. I would buy those driving lessons I need and a good, but not new, car. I would then put the rest in the bank.

Now Valentines day is coming up so I would also buy a few things for this guy :)

In the long run I would go to college, maybe an expensive one now :), and get my degree and go from there.

I would travel like the world was ending soon and just have a good time but make sure to give to charity as well.

Also, I would set up a business of some sort, maybe even farming, to keep myself with an income besides my job and the lotto winnings.

• Assuming its like 100+ million, I would probably buy a new car and give my parents a share of it. Then I'd probably travel around the world. Then, since I'm interested in filmmaking, I would invest it in projects I have already come up with and/or projects that interest me. That way, I'd not only be helping myself, but I'd be creating jobs in my area.

• I'd pay off my house, help my parents finish remodeling theirs, donate a hefty chuck, maybe open a dog shelter, and devote all my time to my volunteer work.

Ah, it would be great!

What Guys Said 5

• I'd always make sure I was earning more (e.g. in interest on savings) than I was spending, which would be easy with such a big win. I'd probably go on vacation first, maybe a month or so visiting different places acround the world.

You're right: you shouldn't feel obligated to help out everyone. Give to people you want to give to because you value those people. No one has the right to your money.

• I'd donate some of it, invest some of it, help some friends and family with debts, then keep the rest for myself.

• Buy new cars for my parents, something for my brother. Then I'd invest some money. Then I'd probably still keep my job, I would go to a better college, and help my family with debts. Other then that id probably go visit the mall a lot and just look at some things. Id buy a new computer too.

• Honestly I'd probably invest the bulk of it into business ideas I have and get to work on those things. Might build a small empire for my children, and do some good for society while I was at it. I'd be in no rush to show off my wealth in material belongings. Sure I'd pick up things I want, but those things would be secondary to my ideas/plans.

• I would take care of my family and friends...pay off their mortgages and debts and buy them new cars. Then I would travel the world and visit all the places I've always wanted to see.