What quote, saying or cliche irritates you or you simply think is not true?

You know those saying/quotes people thrown around about relationships? political debates? life? government? problems?

what quote/saying you think is simply untrue or needs to be retired?

Mine are:

(talking about relationship) "if its meant to be it will be" I so disagree with this because relationships often take WORK, sacrifice and/or commitment.

Also the quote talking about sacrificing freedom for security than a person deserves neither.. I disagree with that one too simply because its short sighted

65

Most Helpful Girl

• "Everything happens for a reason"

Makes me wonder what the reason was for me being molested.. So I can be an emotionally screwed up adult? (but why?)

• are you emotionally stronger? more aware perhaps?

• That* one

• I don't think "it's a sad way to be." Not at all

What Girls Said 5

• "Plenty more fish in the sea"

"YOu will meet him one day"

• "If you love something set it free. If it comes back it's yours if it doesn't it never was" <---- Always thought If it was yours it wouldn't of have left in the first place. Just a thought though.

• "If it's meant to be it will" Thumbs up for that one!

• MANY, But here is a recent one I heard that people say a lot "I don't judge" Yes you do! We all do! And there is nothing wrong about that... Critical thinking and making your own judgement is a good thing.

• "None of this will matter in the end."

I don't know how common it is everywhere else, but I hear this all the time. It makes me feel like everything is trivial.

What Guys Said 5

• " I see no god up here" it's false and its dumb as in what he's trying to get through through human nature

• Most of those inspirational quotes that were forced down your throat during assemblies back in the day :P

• "Good things happen to those who wait" False.. good things happen to those who works for it

• "Think positive and things will become positive" - Bullsh*t!

• I don't hear it thrown around a lot by conservatives but occasionally they like to quote ronald reagan "government isn't the solution, government is the problem". bullsh*t. government isn't the problem, the dumb ass politicians who run the government are the problem.