Is owning your own small business a turn off?

Well I've always wanted to have my own small business and I guess it worked out OK but I don't like to tell anyone that I do. it pays good but when girls ask me where I work, I always say the hourly job and don't let them know about my business.

Its gotten to the point where I don't want to succeed in my business and am thinking I should just stop it although its not really time consuming and I enjoy doing it. I'm not like obsessed about it though only like a few hours a day.

what do you think, is it a turn off to say you own a small business?

• Yes it is a turnoff
  • No it is not a turnoff
  • Want to see answers
    Vote C
oh and the business is of selling computers and similar stuff forgot to mention

63

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of business is it?

I can't imagine being turned off by that, it's a good thing.

• its selling computers and other similar stuff

• See, I was expecting you to say p*rn or something, haha!

That's not a turn off at all, I'd love to have my own business and I'd love to date someone who has his own business. You should be proud, not ashamed!

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's ok. I started my business 2 years ago, I am selling apps. I am not good at coding and stuff like this, so I asked https://www.innovecs.com/ for help. They are coding IOS and Android applications and I just sell and share them on platforms.

• I am not getting which type of business you are running at present but I tell you always go with that what you dreamed for. You can check from https://trantr.com/ that there are many businesses and ask them to their success stories.

• No its not a turn off. Why would it be, its something you are interested in doing and also makes you money.

• Well after I told a girl she didn't really talk to me after so I assumed it was a turnoff

• Having such ambition is a turn-on!

• it's not illegal, it's not immoral.. why would that be a turn off?

What Guys Said 3

• Why would it matter? If she is turned off by what you do for a living, do you really think she's woetthyour time?

• ... why on earth would that be a turnoff? If anything it's a turnon because it shows you have drive and you've accomplished something.

• Although, I have to say, the one reason for not telling girls right away about your business would be to avoid the ones who only want to date you because you're successful. But it's not like you need to hide it from girls because it's a turnoff. It's a turnon. You just have to make sure it's not the only reason they're into you, haha.

• I think it would be a turn-off to see that you're ashamed of it for some reason. Why do you hide it from people? It's either not a big deal, or pretty impressive.

• I don't really tell them because I feel like I'm bragging or like I'm self centered or something. I also feel like It puts you in a different spot and separate's you from the other people which I don't like.

• Well if they're asking you what you do, then you tell them. I don't see how that's bragging. Just say "I own my own business and work for myself" then move on. If they ask what you do, tell them. No biggie