Male horse rider. What comes to mind when I say that?

I'm a male horse rider (English hunter/jumper)

I was wondering, what's the first thing that comes to mind when I say that.

And ladies, if you've ever dated one, how were they?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, when I first saw "horse rider" I immediately thought of a western pleasure style of riding and got the image of a laid back, chill, fun to be around kind of guy.

Then I saw "English hunter/jumper" and that image changed. I got the image of a very competitive, slightly cold individual with a superiority complex. I know, if you compete, the kind of mental processes needed for that level, and I know the dedication needed as well. However, the typical attitude that goes with that particular sport is...Undesirable. But who knows, you could be the exception.

I run barrels, personally and find the guys who do that lots of fun. I've only jumped once or twice, and it was fun, but the attitudes of those who do that are always...unwelcoming. At least, that's been my experience.

What Girls Said 1

• That's awesome! I'm an English rider who attempted to learn eventing, and male riders are very rare to come across. However, I sold my horses due to money issues and when I'm able to own horses again, I'm planning on switching to Western. I don't quite have the tenacity and determination needed for competitive English riding, and I'd rather just trail ride for the fun of it.

What Guys Said 2

• Link (Zelda) riding a white horse with a beautiful pose pulling his arrow .

That's what comes in to my mind when I read horse rider.

• When I think male horse rider I imagine this...

link

But I know it's more like this...

link

lol