Overheard a conversation about big government between classes today.

As I was stopping between classes to get my morning coffee, I overheard a conversation between two (I believe to be delusional) people who were discussing how big government is good for the people. These two were discussing how the government should be the sole providing entity for the citizens of the United States.

Thomas Jefferson once said: "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Ronald Reagan also touched a nerve in patriotic Americans when he said the scariest words in the English language are, “Hello, I am from the government and I am here to help.” But these two great men were right.

These were bold statements that were meant to support the idea of limited government as defined by the United States constitution. Over 20 years later the country needs, more than ever before, to be reminded of the perils of big government and that the current drive to replace the American foundational principle of individualism with the socialistic principle of collectivism and “sharing the wealth”.

How about the nutjobs that think corporations have a hold on government and dictate their every move? America is a capitalist country with a free enterprise system, and many of the corporations here in America are multi-national. So eliminating them here not only destroys the American economy, but that of the world, which Obama would love! He and George Soros could have a ball using a global economy at that point.

These are scary times, so let the new scary words awaken us to the right course of action, let’s bring back good, old common sense and remember “the Constitution first, compromise second”.

Thoughts?

Why the hell was this question taken down? Admins need to moderate the Moderators. I am so tired of this.

55

Most Helpful Guy

• We don't need big government, people are self-governing. Too much government intervention makes people dependent and those in charge more likely to resort to corruption.

What Girls Said 5

• Well, you seem to be a bit stupid.

There is nothing at all wrong with "big Government", the only problem is with the TYPE of people that you elect. People are corrupt and that's why you end up with a corrupt Government, doesn't matter how big or small it is.

As George Carlin said: https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=CFDND9SRJbs

"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders."

You seem thoroughly ignorant.

• I seem a bit stupid? Why would you answer a question with an insult? I am very aware you are a big bleeding-heart liberal (who doesn't live in America). Pardon me for being educated, for working, and for giving back to my society and not being a leech.

• I think they are two very brain washed people if they think that, that is in no way a good thing and really even having governments is a good thing ether because they are just killing the world and making money of death and poverty, they don't care ether and will kill anyone to get what they want. I just hate it how peoples thoughts are twisted to think like this it disturbs me every day and I think this is bad now how it is, if people carry on listening to them how is it going to be in another 50 - 100 years?.

• FYI, Mod's can't take Q's down...

• Wow you really are pathetic, you blocked me so I couldn't reply to your reply to my comment.

How sad that you can't even argue your own point.

• If I blocked you, then you wouldn't have been able to post this! Why would I block you? Focus on the country you live in, not mine.

• If you don't like a system don't use it.. this goes for GAG and big government.

What Guys Said 4

• Corporations do control the government and that's a fact, not corporations in themselves but the owners the rich are the ones with ultimate control. Think about it money can do anything and that's a fact anyone can be bought off and just as an example to even run for a position in the government you need to be able to afford media and advertisement those media companies are all ultimately owned by one or two guys so they can virtually dictate who even runs. Its not right to be scared of government those quotes are false in the sense that they were stated many years ago and times have changed since then. Capitalism fails it is a race to the end of the earth we need to all rise to a point of higher technology switch our technological advancements from weaponry (which produce money) to livingry (which reduces money and thus is not funded in our current society) A big government that has full control is scary but not if the people have full control over it, its not the government supplying everything its just the government that focuses on what is good for humanity. In order for a big government to work we would have to change the economy your right but the path we are going down is leading us to destruction and for our children's sake and the planets sake it needs to change. I'm not saying make a government that tells people what to do I'm saying make one that allows a person to do anything rewards them for excelling at it and has the needs of the human race in mind and not the needs of the rich. With every human mind educated and put to use in finding reusable energy as an example would take very little time the rich just wish to hold power over us so they force many into poverty and keep the rest in blissful ignorance. To think that Thomas Jefferson or Ronald Regans quotes made sense is ridiculous, that is like thinking that the united states is a success and our world is in good order. Change is needed that's clear and I think a government with total control (no control in money) that has the best interest for humanity and is ultimately controlled by the people (making the people control themselves) humanity could reach a state of blissful living that is only dreamed of. Instead we are but pawns feeding the rich that have full power because no matter how much you want to denie it money is true power and nothing else and that to me is corruption. In my opinion the rich should be charged with murder as their compulsive hoarding of money inadvertently causes the deaths and suffering of millions. I could put up a better argument in person but I am open to debate id love it if you convinced me our society is all fine and dandy because I can't handle living in this evil system, id welcome a nice shot of blissful ignorance but the wheels of truth have already been set in motion for me and my empathy won't let me shrug it off

• " Change is needed that's clear and I think a government with total control (no control in money) that has the best interest for humanity and is ultimately controlled by the people (making the people control themselves) humanity could reach a state of blissful living that is only dreamed of." ----Move to China.

• Communist country has the best interest of humanity? Wrong.

• Did I ever say communist? I'm saying nothing we have done in the past has worked not communism not capitalism not socialism. In no way did I depict a communist country

• It's just another word really, doesn't really mean anything. Used to scare people and create faux supporters.

• I firmly believe that big government is bad for the longevity of the people and the country. Name any government problem that is as fast and efficient as private companies. Wanna ship something? UPS and Fedex are faster, cheaper, and more reliable than USPS. DMV? Have fun waiting!

The department of agriculture sends out the message saying "please don't feed animals because it makes them dependent and they die without the continued help." The department of agriculture also is in charge of food stamps, and welfare and have started giving out record number of handouts.

Companies exist to make profit, not give people money to live.

• America. Capitalist country. Businesses make profits, businesses employ people and pay them money to live. You're telling me that if you work for a corporation, they don't pay you a salary to sustain your lifestyle? So what if corporations (and their shareholders) make money, they need employees WHICH THEY PAY to function.

• I am glad you have a working brain, this site is heavily liberal and it drives me nuts sometimes.

• If the people are governing themselves is it government? I think what you fear is not laws, but power and authority to defy the collective will.