I'm sorta the quiet type & wondering how this can effect my chances?

The more I socialize, the more I realize I'm the silent type, or at least that I'm quieter than most.

Sometimes I don't know what to say or that I don't have anything to say at all.

In conversation circles, people are able to make small talk while I find nothing to say.

Good? Bad? Ruins my chances?

Analysis?

90

Most Helpful Girl

• Well why don't you have anything to say..is it your confidence level that stops you, or you just arnt really interested in what the people around you are talking about. Don't beat yourself up about it its okay that your like this but if you want to improve your social skills just work on your confidence and self esteem. : )

What Girls Said 8

• I'm like this myself. I think you are who you are. You'll probably just attract a girl who is more outgoing if you're really quiet, and that can be nice if she takes the pressure off you. Try a little harder to talk to girls if you can but it's a mutual thing so you shouldn't have to do all of the work with conversations and stuff. don't be worried about it. it's not a bad thing. I think quiet guys are adorable.

• It's neither good or a bad thing. It's just that you have to find the right people and subjects to talk about that probably sparks your interest. If you are talking about ruining your chances with a girl, I don't think it will. Lots of girls go for the quiet type. I tend to like it myself.

• Try to talk more, you may come off arogant. I would say it is good and bad. Just try to socialize more, it will definatley make your chances better!

• You learn how to socialize and think of questions you want to ask before hand. It took me a long time to be like this. I am still a work in progress.

• U HAVE TO FIND VERY OUTGOING GIRL, SO THAT SHE WILL TALK EVERYTIME AND You JUST LIESTEN...

my grand parents were like that. He is very silent and she is noisy and very talkative

• same here I mean I like to talk but sometimes I just don't know what to say don't wanna look stupid and then people call me quite

• I love quiet guys:)

• I have the same the problem. Especially when I'm with a friend and their friend, so I feel like the odd one out not saying anything. But if you can just try to jump in and add something or even start talking about something you take an interest in or that might be a good topic for everyone, it gets a lot easier. I used to over think it a lot and sit there thinking to myself, well this is awkward, they're talking and I have no clue what to add. I learned to just take deep breaths and add my two cents every once in a while, just to get myself comfortable. There's nothing wrong with just listening either, though. Just try not to over think it and you'll be fine.

What Guys Said 0