What do you think of this quote

“Reality is what we take to be true.

What we take to be true is what we believe.

What we believe is based upon our perceptions.

What we perceive depends upon what we look for.

What we look for depends upon what we think.

What we think depends upon what we perceive.

What we perceive determines what we believe.

What we believe determines what we take to be true.

What we take to be true is our reality.”

-Gary Zukav

11

What Girls Said 1

• absolutely true, everyone thinks that there is only one reality, but that's not true, reality is what we believe is true and how we precieve what we believe in

like for example a countless many think that reality is supposed to be full of hardships and sadness but those who have a positive outlook in life see very little hardships, are never sad and can always easily find a solution, those who are pessimistic are always negative, thus they always have issues and problems and are never happy, beasically positive people see the world as a good place with good people, and those who are negative see the world as a bad place with bad people, your mind is the ultimate double edged sword, you can just as easily hurt yourself as well as help yourself, you can accomplish anything or fail at everything, its all in your mindset, however many external experiences may influence your mindset, so its really hard to be perfectly positive

heres another example, before I met my boyfriend I was pessimistic, depressed, suicidal, demented and androphobic, all caused by external influences like my parents being arsholes, my father being an old pervert, my classmates treating me like sht and having nearly been raped twice (you can read that up on my questions list in my profile) I was a complete train wreck, but with my sisters help(not blood related) and a really good caring guy (eventually became my boyfriend after getting himself in danger trying to control my androphobia, I panicked to help him and I didn't realize I wasn't shaking when near him anymore) whom I thought could have never possibly existed I got over my suicidal depression, I was just about to kill myself with a long kitchen knife when they started helping me, at first I thought it couldn't be done, always pessimistic and had little self confidence or self esteem or any confidence in my abilities, but eventually after they made me cry all my pain and suffering away I got it together and completely removed my suicidal depression (something even a professional therapist would find intriguing), then I buried my dementia and my nerdy personality and suddenly became miss popular in 4th year HS because I was a lot more approachable and friendly, I used to be miss white quiet ghost in the corner of the classroom that everyone thought would get cursed of they tried to talk to me (I was into occult arts before then for some daft reason) in one summer break I actually turned from nerdy quiet shy depressed girl to confident spunky popular girl, but I got off the popularity in college because it made me feel nervous all the time, and I didn't like the attention from the guys because I started to tremble around them and they didn't know my phobia(eventually my HS and college friends got together so they could broadcast my phobia to all the guys, they seemed to take it really well, better than expected actually some even offered advice) I by then had him already (loyal o.o)

its been great ever since, so I definitely believe in it :D

What Guys Said 1

• It means that what we think and perceive makes up our own reality.