Why is it that all these articles say the way women make guys pull away?

Why are there so many articles of how women need to learn to not turn off guys, for them to pull away, and not how to teach guys how not to make mistakes, for the women to pull away from men?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• because its profitable. dating books are sold by perpetuating the myth that by 'nature' women are clingy and men are commitment phobic. if the myth was dispelled.. what would they do with all of those books.

• oh and of course in the hopes to keep you passive neurotic and easy to control.

• This is pretty much what I was going to say. Clingy is apparently our gender role :P

• @toulouse: I think your spot on, was going to say the same thing.

@Question Asker: they do have the men you describe in nearly every commercial, TV show or movie with a man in it, the only variation is the man who is a fat stupid idiot slob but that's only when their is the smart sexy sophisticated women also. The media spares no one, its not a zero sum argument.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not sure I understand the full question but my answer is youth. I blame everything on youth. i.e. the absence of knowledge.

• Just because someone is young doesn't mean they aren't knowledgeable. I am tired of seeing your pompous posts and comments. For real.

• Nikki I want you to add me to your friends list so we can talk sometime. I know you'd shut me down instantly if put out the invitation personally so I'll let you do it. I think we would have some interesting conversations quite honestly. Might want to kill one another at moments but what's emotion without it's full scale?

Your a physiology major. Think of it as educational. A look into the mind of an irregular.

It's an open offer...

• What? No! I would say the opposite. Women pulling away is a turn off to me. And I'm doing something wrong or being neglectful in an area I don't realize I am, I want to know. I want to improve any flaws I have and I want to listen to a girl has to say. Maybe I'm different from some guys, but that's

How I am. I'm tired of women playing hard to get too. If someone likes me, then just tell me. Hard to get is a game and I don't like games. Its a turn off at least to me.

• As a Woman you outta know most women are Complicated an hard to deal with. Because their insecure Emotions vs their Woman's Intuition, not to mention Jealous Outburst.

I'm not saying Guys aren't part of some of those list, Men just hide them better than Women. :P

• No, I think is the media pushing on womens strings. They are the suckers to the male controlled media. And men act like babies, because they give themself's the pass.

• Those articles, you can say, are attention seekers.

Some are made for money, and others for publicity.

What Girls Said 2

• Because guys don't buy as many relationship books or read as many articles IMO. Rori Raye sometimes make sense but sometimes her advice is bad, and her programs cost an insane amount of money. So, the women desperate for answers eat this stuff up. It's sad.

• That is highly not true. You have to understand that everyone is different, but may have simular personallities that maybe complete turn offs for other people. That is what it is suggested that you take an account to a long term relationship except expecting it to go your way. The only way you can teach a man anything is unless you set boundries in your relationship. And if they don't comply, then it's settled. Don't bother dating them. It's all process and elimination, they either qaulify or they don't. You have to do this because even though your dating this person; you have to remember. There is a long waiting list of guys who is looking to date you while there's a long line of girls waiting to date him. He doesn't belong to you until you get to the alter and you say "I do". Even then you have to keep that spark going before it dies out.