Why are Chinese Girls mostly Gold diggers?

This ISN'T intended to be a bash, I know GAG is politically correct to an extent that they don't know what goes on in the world but facts are facts.

China is a communist country which I can understand, almost 70% of the population works on just a small number of dollars a month. The 30% are the rich ones who tend to be the ones who get to go to university and be successful. The reason I am asking is because I never used to be into Asian girls at all before, but only recently there is this Chinese girl from Hong Kong who is a student at my university. She really likes me and I am trying to figure her out culturally. According to Chinese girls who tell me that they like men with lots of money, I am confused because I am quite poor financially and I don't know if she realizes that or if it would be a problem. I know Chinese girls expect their man to spend lots of money, especially near the beginning (the average spending most girls have spent on them there is around $3.500 in the first month). I don't have that kind of money.

so I want to know are there Chinese girls out there that aren't the 70% of the population that don't care so much about money? I like this girl but I'm not interested if she turns out to be a gold digger. I know its culture but I don't want to be with a girl like that

74

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want an answer to your question I would highly suggest rephrasing it in a way insulting and ignorant. It is fine to state your own experiences with Chinese girls, it is fine to ask question regarding trends in Chinese people. It is not, however, by any means alright for you too stereotype an entire group of people based on your narrow experiences. What you are doing is the equivalent of me dating a couple of white guys, having them cheat on me and the go on GAG and asking a question about "Why are all white guys cheaters?"

You are throwing face percentages that you've pulled out of your rear end, making blanketed claims and just flat out spreading ignorance and I really hope this Chinese girl doesn't date you because she can do better than someone who is going to discriminate against her entire race.

What Girls Said 6

• Hahaha, I see this is a stereotype that has a lot of misunderstanding in it. I'm a Chinese girl, and I have to say that if I dated a guy with a considerably large bank account, it would be a plus, but not a make or break. A double income (guy and girl both make a considerable sum) is always good for the household.

Personally, I just think that for women (not just chinese women!) if we are to get married to somebody and know they have a fair bit of wealth, we can look forward to a stable future and not have to worry about financial troubles too much. We can look forward to a comfortable lifestyle and know that our children are going to have an upbringing where we can afford to buy them good quality clothes, send them to music lessons, etc. and feed them stuff which isn't frozen carbohydrate loaded junk food (which I assume poorer people do).

• because many of them dont come from a rich family background and parents have been telling them to look for rich husbands. their parents are eager to arrange for the guy to meet their daughter if they know the guy is from particular developed country.
    ** i am not saying all***

• That's not true

• Not true

• That's wrong

• Grow up

• get a reality check and an education

What Guys Said 4

• Some of what you say is right some is not

for me I have live in china 10 years date more then a 1000 girls,

I can say when I have come here its was not so much for money but now it is more money before love even girls have told me never love a girl or you will lose every thing and its true.

most girls now days will not even be with a guy if he don't have a house even he rent a house it need to be better then a house in the best part of the country say 1000USD a month would be most will be happy with, the more you spend on them they more they ask for in the end they will dump you as soon as some one come with more money, they will even divorce you for a richer man I have seen it so many times as I have been to so many weddings where they will spend 1millon RMB on it and divorce in 6 months as the girl has found a richer man.

this has very little to do with china being a communist country, its all to do with the fact that girls that had birth from the 1990's are so spoilt they are given every thing and don't know how to respect what they have.

• it's fine they want a rich husband. what disgust me is the double standard. someone told me that
    some chinese girl are gold diggers just towards Chinese guys, if its a white guy, they would act like they don't care.

• The ones that can get out of the poor life do whatever they can to stay out.

I was interested in a Chinese girl, but was told that if I want a beautiful young Chinese girl I need to give them a big first present to show my love.

So first of all, you have to be IN LOVE with them before you date them. And second of all, these girls were telling me to buy her a diamond necklace.

Culturally, the girls NEED to find a guy with money. If you knew how poor they are over there, yo could probably understand better.

If you are non Chinese from a European or are American, they will assume that you can provide at least a better life than the poor in China.

Also, keep in mind that in China there are SOOO many more guys than girls. So if a girl is pretty at all in China, they can basically get any young and very rich guy they want.

Let's flip this around. If you were in a room with 3 other guys, and 12 super models and 20 regular to ugly girls, would you REALLY consider any of the non super models?

By the way, I am 28 turning 29 in January and have a 26 year old Chinese girlfriend. A large reason she is OK with dating me is because being past 25, she is no longer ideal to marry in China.

• LOL @ "i know GAG is politically correct to an extent". GAG is overboard with political correctness and young stupid liberals. Everyone is equal, everyone gets a hug and a trophy. Don't you know that!?

• Yeah o know. I just want real answers by people who gave a clue what the real would is like. Telling me fluff won't help of it isn't honest

• Yeah well, not telling people "fluff" here has lead to down votes, answers removed and what not.

• I think some people refuse to believe the world outside America could possibly be anything other than fairyland. the answer above is the perfect example, so detached from reality, I don't know what the purpose of answering was in the first place. Chinese girls from China are like this, as would a girl of any race who had Chinese culture. Chinese girls from non communist countries without a strong Chinese identity are as normal as you would expect